Super telephoto zoom lens (short video):

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by simple_language@yahoo.com, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 16, 2007

  2. Just D Guest

    Just wondering what's the weight of this missile? The approximate price if I
    heard correctly is from 10-12'000 to up to 20'000. But the weight... You
    should be a very strong man to use it. :) Although it's not available yet,
    but it should be pretty soon I guess.

    Just D.

    Just D, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Pete D Guest

    "Just D" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering what's the weight of this missile? The approximate price if
    > I heard correctly is from 10-12'000 to up to 20'000. But the weight... You
    > should be a very strong man to use it. :) Although it's not available yet,
    > but it should be pretty soon I guess.
    >
    > Just D.

    A tripod will probably be a good idea.
    Pete D, Mar 16, 2007
  4. Just D Guest

    As well as a medium size truck.

    "Pete D"
    Just D, Mar 16, 2007
  5. Pete D Guest

    And a perhaps a couple of good looking assistants.

    Pete D, Mar 17, 2007
  6. Joan Guest

    I guess that means I won't hire you :)

    --
    Joan

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    : And a perhaps a couple of good looking assistants.
    :
    : "Just D" <> wrote in message
    : news:kJFKh.47380$...
    : > As well as a medium size truck.
    : >
    : > "Pete D"
    Joan, Mar 17, 2007
  7. In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Super telephoto zoom lens (Sigma APO 200-500mm f/2.8, short video):
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/EVENTS/PMAS07/video/video_popup.php?url=K77Uva
    > iHii0

    No stabilizer? I think I might be a bit shaky holding that thing :)

    I wonder if Sigma can make the optics and AF quality usable at f/2.8 for
    a price that pros can afford. Every inch of that big fat front element
    has to be ground to a precision that targets a single sensor pixel 500mm
    away. If that wasn't hard enough, the whole system has to be free from
    sag and thermal deforming during use. Even a little error will cause it
    to be outperformed by a smaller lens with the help of digital
    post-processing.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Mar 17, 2007