    <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

    --
    PeterN
    peternew, Jun 23, 2013

  2. peternew

    RichA Guest

    On Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:57:06 PM UTC-4, peterN wrote:
    > Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
    >
    > of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
    >
    > other times.
    >

    > <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>
    >

    > --
    >
    > PeterN

    Media myth. It's 14% large than it's smallest when furthest away from Earth. About 7% larger than average which isn't much.

    http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/highlights/Supermoon-June2013-212330751.html
    RichA, Jun 23, 2013

  3. peternew

    gregz Guest

    peternew <> wrote:
    > Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
    > of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than other times.
    >

    > <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

    It was probably about the same last night when I had a clear sky.

    Greg
    gregz, Jun 23, 2013
  4. peternew wrote:
    > Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
    > of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
    > other times.
    >
    > <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

    I went out and looked. Can't tell if it appears bigger or
    not but it's definitely brighter.
    It lights up my back yard good and was able to get decent
    photos of the yard at 10 seconds and f6.3. I forgot what I
    set the other parameters at. Can't get a decent photo of
    the moon itself because my little point and shoot cannot focus
    on it and I did not feel like fighting off the mosquitoes to
    find an alternate focus point.
    Paul in Houston TX, Jun 23, 2013