Super Dooper Cell Phone purchace.. Also Need New Battery...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi

    My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
    Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
    best all round phone I can get...

    Mp3
    Dictation
    organiser
    Email..
    Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
    etc..

    what's the best phone out there..

    Also if there's a newer bigger (smaller) one on the horizon I would love to
    know about ..

    Please let me know of any phones that you think I should move up to..

    Also I would like to get a battery fro my old one to lend to guests.
    vodafone done carry them.. Is the a place I can get replacement batteries
    from.....

    --
    Cheers

    Peter

    Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    http://www.etchpad.com/

    Peter, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Peter

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Peter <> expelled:
    > Hi
    >
    > My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM
    > with Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes.
    > I want the best all round phone I can get...
    >
    > Mp3
    > Dictation
    > organiser
    > Email..
    > Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
    > etc..
    >
    > what's the best phone out there..

    I've got a Sony Ericcson P800 which does what you want. I don't like it
    much (prefer a Palm organiser) but most of my colleagues who have them think
    they are excellent. The new P900 is apparently even better - go and have a
    play with one at a Vodafone shop.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Peter

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Nik Coughin, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Peter

    Alastair Guest

    In <caamp9$ld7$> EMB wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Peter <> expelled:

    >> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM
    >> with Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes.
    >> I want the best all round phone I can get...

    > I've got a Sony Ericcson P800 which does what you want. I don't like
    > it much (prefer a Palm organiser) but most of my colleagues who have
    > them think they are excellent. The new P900 is apparently even better -
    > go and have a play with one at a Vodafone shop.

    I second that. The P900 is excellent. The Palm Treo 600 also looks quite
    good, but I haven't had the opportunity to play with one as yet.

    Be careful where you buy. I've noticed that Ascent has the above models
    significantly cheaper than Vodafone stores and dealers.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    http://www.alastair.net.nz

    Alastair, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Peter

    Worm Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
    > Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
    > best all round phone I can get...

    Check out celltown.co.nz for batteries - have done business with them
    before. And check out pricespy.co.nz 's phone section to check out the best
    prices on a new phone...

    Worm

    Worm, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thanks So much Everyone

    Peter, Jun 12, 2004
  8. Peter

    Tane Guest

    What-ever you get, get one that can run Java applications.

    Why????

    Ever wished you had a feature your phone didn't have?????

    Well if you spend the time to learn, it is possible to program such a
    phone to do just what you want.

    And if u cant be bothered, search the net for an app that does do what
    you want and load it into your phone!

    Tane, Jun 15, 2004
  9. On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:58:25 -0700, Tane <> wrote:

    >What-ever you get, get one that can run Java applications.
    >
    >Why????
    >
    >Ever wished you had a feature your phone didn't have?????
    >
    >Well if you spend the time to learn, it is possible to program such a
    >phone to do just what you want.
    >
    >And if u cant be bothered, search the net for an app that does do what
    >you want and load it into your phone!
    >

    >Peter wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> My Cell Phone Battery is dying. So its time to get a new phone. IM with
    >> Vodafone. But I can change. IM prepared to spend what it takes. I want the
    >> best all round phone I can get...
    >>
    >> Mp3
    >> Dictation
    >> organiser
    >> Email..
    >> Pam or MS operating system.. Which is the best...?????
    >> etc..
    >>
    >> what's the best phone out there..
    >>
    >> Also if there's a newer bigger (smaller) one on the horizon I would love to
    >> know about ..
    >>
    >> Please let me know of any phones that you think I should move up to..
    >>

    >> Also I would like to get a battery fro my old one to lend to guests.
    >> vodafone done carry them.. Is the a place I can get replacement batteries
    >> from.....

    Vodafone is selling the Siemens SL45 for some $129, it was original list was
    $1500..

    It has all the features you ask and even more..

    None in the Wellington area, but they have them up north I was told, my Son &
    Partner brought 3 off them, and one for me when I was in Hospital, plus my
    one had to come down from Auckland ? this was from the Old Bank Arcade
    Vodafone shop in Wellington..

    http://www.polyphonic-ringtones-ring-tones.co.uk/siemens-sl45-reviews.html

    http://www.siemens-mobile.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,hq_en_0_21219_rArNrNrNrN_prodId:15780,00.html

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 15, 2004
  10. Peter

    peter Guest

    Re: Super Dooper Cell Phone Siemens SL45

    What it like synching the Siemens SL45 with out USB

    peter, Jun 16, 2004