Sunset photos collection

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Raymond Tey, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Raymond Tey

    Raymond Tey Guest

    Raymond Tey, Feb 29, 2004

  2. (Raymond Tey) wrote in
    news::

    > Hi.. I had recently compiled my old sunset photos and you can view it
    > at
    >
    > http://www.cybersist.com/Pub_Photo_User.php?SelFolder=U3Vuc2V0cw==&
    > user=hftey&expand=1
    >
    > Please comment thanks
    >

    > Raymond

    Nice!

    Lots of mood in those pictures. Nice that there are more than just
    the actual sky and sun in the pictures. Several pictures I liked.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Raymond Tey

    eng Guest

    eng, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Raymond Tey

    Barry Smith Guest

    In message <>
    (Raymond Tey) wrote:

    > Hi.. I had recently compiled my old sunset photos and you can view it
    > at
    >
    > http://www.cybersist.com/Pub_Photo_User.php?SelFolder=U3Vuc2V0cw==&user=hftey&expand=1
    >
    > Please comment thanks

    A little too dark for me, but that could be because my monitor is
    not set the same as yours.

    I've put up one of mine at http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?

    Barry
    --
    These taglines aren't always all that interesting...

    Barry Smith, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Raymond Tey

    George Kerby Guest

    On 2/29/04 4:51 PM, in article , "Barry Smith"
    <> wrote:

    > In message <>
    > (Raymond Tey) wrote:
    >
    >> Hi.. I had recently compiled my old sunset photos and you can view it
    >> at
    >>
    >> http://www.cybersist.com/Pub_Photo_User.php?SelFolder=U3Vuc2V0cw==&user=h
    >> ftey&expand=1
    >>
    >> Please comment thanks

    > A little too dark for me, but that could be because my monitor is
    > not set the same as yours.
    >
    > I've put up one of mine at http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    > What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?
    >
    > Barry

    I think you need to adjust your Gamma. His photos look good wheras your shot
    is washed out a little. But wait for other responses because I'm on a
    PowerBook with an LCD at the moment. When I get back on the calibrated G5
    CRT I'll look again.

    George Kerby, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Raymond Tey

    misifus Guest

    Barry Smith wrote:

    > In message <>
    > (Raymond Tey) wrote:
    >

    >>Hi.. I had recently compiled my old sunset photos and you can view it
    >>at
    >>
    >>http://www.cybersist.com/Pub_Photo_User.php?SelFolder=U3Vuc2V0cw==&user=hftey&expand=1
    >>
    >>Please comment thanks

    > A little too dark for me, but that could be because my monitor is
    > not set the same as yours.
    >
    > I've put up one of mine at http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    > What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?
    >
    > Barry

    On my G4 with CRT (calibrated with Adobe RGB only), Raymond's
    looked about right, and Barry's looked washed out.

    -Raf

    --
    Misifus-
    Rafael Seibert

    misifus, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Raymond Tey

    Barry Smith Guest

    In message <>
    misifus <> wrote:

    > Barry Smith wrote:
    > > http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    > > What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?

    > On my G4 with CRT (calibrated with Adobe RGB only), Raymond's
    > looked about right, and Barry's looked washed out.

    Having read George's comment and your own, and looked at my photo again,
    I agree.

    One point about the photo is that I was shooting towards the setting sun,
    so the sky is certainly washed out. Hopefully the adjusted picture is better.

    Same url as above. I've left the 'original' for comparison.

    Barry
    --
    Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.

    Barry Smith, Mar 1, 2004
  8. Raymond Tey

    JeremyG Guest

    JeremyG, Mar 1, 2004
  9. Raymond Tey

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    > On 2/29/04 4:51 PM, in article , "Barry Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > In message <>
    > > (Raymond Tey) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi.. I had recently compiled my old sunset photos and you can view it
    > >> at

    http://www.cybersist.com/Pub_Photo_User.php?SelFolder=U3Vuc2V0cw==&user=
    > >> ftey&expand=1
    > >>
    > >> Please comment thanks

    > > A little too dark for me, but that could be because my monitor is
    > > not set the same as yours.
    > >
    > > I've put up one of mine at http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    > > What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?
    > >
    > > Barry

    > I think you need to adjust your Gamma. His photos look good wheras your

    shot
    > is washed out a little. But wait for other responses because I'm on a
    > PowerBook with an LCD at the moment. When I get back on the calibrated G5
    > CRT I'll look again.

    No, I concur. The original poster's photos look great, while the second
    poster's photos are too bright and washed out. Lovely pictures, though -
    just gotta adjust those levels. :)

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Mar 2, 2004
  10. Raymond Tey

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > In message <>
    > misifus <> wrote:
    >
    > > Barry Smith wrote:
    > > > http://www.g4iat.demon.co.uk/temp/temp.html
    > > > What is it like on your monitor ? Too bright ?

    > > On my G4 with CRT (calibrated with Adobe RGB only), Raymond's
    > > looked about right, and Barry's looked washed out.

    > Having read George's comment and your own, and looked at my photo again,
    > I agree.
    >
    > One point about the photo is that I was shooting towards the setting sun,
    > so the sky is certainly washed out. Hopefully the adjusted picture is

    better.

    > Same url as above. I've left the 'original' for comparison.

    Much better.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Mar 2, 2004
  11. Raymond Tey

    Barry Smith Guest

    In message <c2188n$3k2$>
    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote:

    > > Same url as above. I've left the 'original' for comparison.

    > Much better.

    Thanks for the comments. I think with the original I was trying to get
    the best exposure on the foreground leaves and not looking at the
    picture as a whole.

    Barry
    --
    Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.

    Barry Smith, Mar 2, 2004