    These things have been happening since I set up the service ~ 9 months ago.
    Wonder when they'll get it fixed.

    Terry

    Terry Smith, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Hi Terry. Have you tried asking at www.broadbandreports.com and/or
    www.sunrocketforum.com?

    Esteban

    Esteban Nunez, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Terry Smith

    Terry Smith Guest

    No - but thanks for the suggestion

    More then wanting to find out, I just want to make sure folks understand
    the down-side.

    Terry Smith, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Nine months of poor service? I would find another provider. I have good
    luck with exgn.net.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 22, 2006
  5. In article <In_Tf.53$FD4.43@dukeread07>, says...
    > About an hour ago I got an email notice that my sunrocket voice mail had
    > taken a message. The annoying thing is that I was at home and in never
    > rang.
    >
    > Outbound calls are worse - Many times I get a standard busy signal or it
    > just don't ring. After a few repeat tries, I dial on my POTS line and it
    > goes through. Often I'm calling places that have voice mail roll-over so
    > even without the POTS I know it's an SR service problem
    >
    > These things have been happening since I set up the service ~ 9 months ago.
    > Wonder when they'll get it fixed.

    They won't (or not for long.) Go visit dslreports.com - every other
    trouble thread is about SR. They suck. Go elsewhere.

    Dan Swartzendruber, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Terry Smith

    Terry Smith Guest

    I bought 1 year of service. Since I have POTS, to fall back on, SR
    problems aren't to bad for me and it is a cheap way to have a 2nd number.

    Just want other to know in case they're thinking of having it as their sole
    Telco service

    Terry Smith, Mar 22, 2006
  7. In article <CSkUf.119$FD4.26@dukeread07>, says...
    > I bought 1 year of service. Since I have POTS, to fall back on, SR
    > problems aren't to bad for me and it is a cheap way to have a 2nd number.

    The 1 yr is not an issue. SR will issue a pro-rated refund if you
    cancel before the yr is up.

    Dan Swartzendruber, Mar 23, 2006
  8. Terry Smith

    Terry Smith Guest

    Actually Dan I just got around to visiting dslreports.com as you suggested.
    SR is ranked in the Smooth ride column. I suspect many rating SR may not
    realize that many of the busy signals are not caused by the other end being
    'off hook'. The traditional Telco's use a different sound to indicate 'no
    circuits'.

    Terry Smith, Mar 23, 2006
  9. Terry Smith

    Guest

    SunRocket has fixed any issues they may have been having. Here's an
    e-mail that some users have received:

    Dear xxxxxx,

    This week, SunRocket released two network fixes which addressed some
    quality issues you may have experienced. The first fix addressed the
    following:

    When calling out you heard nothing "dead air" and neither did your
    called party.
    When calling out you heard nothing "dead air" but the called party
    could hear you.
    Your phone would ring for a new call but you heard nothing "dead air"
    when you picked up your receiver.
    The issues above were related to a problem within our network that
    caused interrupted voice communications. (For our techies: Our session
    boarder controllers experienced a resource issue causing intermittent
    impact to SIP messaging and RTP streams.) This issue has been resolved.

    The second fix corrected a ring-tone problem with outbound calling. For
    some customers, while outbound calls were typically connected, a
    ring-tone was not provided prior to the called party picking up. This
    issue was related to a particular devise distributed by SunRocket and
    has also been corrected.

    If you have an open service ticket related solely to one of these two
    problems, we will be closing out your ticket as resolved. If you have
    an open service ticket related to any other concern or if you
    experienced these issues in addition to other problems, your ticket
    will remain open and will be addressed individually.

    , Mar 29, 2006