    make the call via POTS. Likewise using the same POTS when I can't call out
    I try calling my SR phone number. I get an 'all circuits busy' signal.

    Hope this is just growing pains cause I otherwise like the service
    Bob Alan, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Bob Alan

    Guest

    Bob: I'm having the same problem tonight on September 8th. I get a
    'regular' busy signal about 3.5499 microseconds after I dial the last
    digit. I kept trying at eventually I got through (after maybe 20
    mins), so I'm thinking it is a capacity problem. I hope your are right
    and this is growing pains. -Matt Johnson

    Bob Alan wrote:
    > For the last 2 days there have been times when I try to make a call via
    > SunRocket service and it doesn't go through. In all case's I was able to
    > make the call via POTS. Likewise using the same POTS when I can't call out
    > I try calling my SR phone number. I get an 'all circuits busy' signal.
    >
    > Hope this is just growing pains cause I otherwise like the service
    , Sep 9, 2005

  3. Bob Alan

    MattJhsn Guest

    Sunrocket problems continuing... I received this today

    Date: September 9, 2005 12:05:29 PM CDT
    SunRocket is currently experiencing a significant network disruption.
    This means that you may not be able to receive or make calls from your
    SunRocket phone until this issue is resolved. Please maintain an
    alternative means of contacting Emergency Service should you need it
    while our service is down.

    We are doing everything we can to isolate the problem and restore
    service. As soon as we know more we will send you an update. We will
    also post any additional details on the My Home page of the Member
    Account Manager.

    We understand that this situation causes tremendous inconvenience to
    you, and we sincerely apologize for the interruption of service.

    Sincerely,

    Kevin Bennis
    Chief Executive Officer
    SunRocket, Inc.
    MattJhsn, Sep 9, 2005
  4. Bob Alan

    Bob Alan Guest

    Yes I got the same msg. I sure wish they had a network status page so we
    could track what's going wrong.

    I just sent the following

    Bob Alan, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Bob Alan

    B.M. Wright Guest

    Bob Alan <> wrote:
    > Yes I got the same msg. I sure wish they had a network status page so we
    > could track what's going wrong.

    Boy, you guys obviously haven't had the Broadvoice experience.
    At least SunRocket had the balls and courtesy to come right out and
    admit they were having big problems. Broadvoice just buries their head
    in the sand, doesn't answer their phones, and doesn't even resolve the
    problems even after months!
    B.M. Wright, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Bob Alan

    MattJhsn Guest

    As of Saturday, Sept 10th, I'm back up. I did have to power-cycle and
    it seems to be working again so far. -Matt
    MattJhsn, Sep 11, 2005
  7. Bob Alan

    MattJhsn Guest

    You are right, knowing is better then not knowing. I respect them for
    that. I also suspect that the problems are coming from overselling the
    service beyond their capacity. An easy thing to do if you are on your
    way to success. -Matt
    MattJhsn, Sep 11, 2005
  8. Bob Alan

    Bill K Guest

    After multiple recurring and unsolved issues for the past eight weeks,
    I've finally decided to terminate service with SunRocket.

    As I live in the Washington, DC metro area and the NOC is in Northern
    Virginia I chose to use them.

    Great pricing, and the service was very reliable UNTIL I ported my two
    home phones.

    Service has been horrible...

    Continuing echo problems (and their incessant requests for a QoS report
    with no resolution) and this final network meltdown was just too much.

    I've switched to Packet8 as I could quickly purchase their VOIP router
    at my local CompUSA, got a mail-in rebate for zero cost on this item,
    first month free and no activation.

    $19.99 month-to-month.

    Although their NOC is in California, I've experienced NO latency issues
    and all calls have been flawless.

    Please note that ALL the major VOIP carriers charge the Federal
    regulatory fee - how does SunRocket get around this? Just pay it
    themselves or is there something fishy here?

    In short, SunRocket is a joke and prospective customers need this
    information to make an INFORMED decision!

    Now, how long to port my home phone numbers FROM SunRocket and to my
    new provider?

    I will do my best to "encourage" SunRocket to do so as quickly as they
    can!

    Bill K, Sep 11, 2005
  9. Bob Alan

    Bob Alan Guest

    Does anyone know of a voip provider that provides system status web page and
    that keeps it current.

    My frustration with SR wouldn't be so bad if I knew what they were doing.
    Yesterday I had almost no service, today it seemed up 50%.

    Bob Alan, Sep 12, 2005
  10. Bob Alan

    Guest

    Bob Alan wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a voip provider that provides system status web page and
    > that keeps it current.
    >
    > My frustration with SR wouldn't be so bad if I knew what they were doing.
    > Yesterday I had almost no service, today it seemed up 50%.

    This seems like a bump in the road to me. Every VoIP provider will
    have issues as it grows. None of them are perfect yet. I've been
    happy with my SR service, especially with the money I'm saving and am
    definitely willing to see them through this.
    , Sep 14, 2005
  11. Bob Alan

    adabristian Guest

    I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had n
    problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing wit
    internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems ar
    going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people ar
    too quick to jump ship on this one.

    At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up fo
    them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same typ
    of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of th
    other services had problems at times as well. just food for though
    adabristian, Sep 18, 2005
  12. Bob Alan

    Guest

    Re: re:Sunrocket VOIP call problems.

    adabristian wrote:
    > I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had no
    > problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing with
    > internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems are
    > going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people are
    > too quick to jump ship on this one.
    >
    > At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up for
    > them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same type
    > of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of the
    > other services had problems at times as well. just food for thought

    I agree. Overall, my experience with SunRocket has been very positive.
    I am happier with VoIP than I imagined I would be. There is a certain
    amount of leeway than must be afforded these companies as the
    technology and the industry grow and become better established.
    , Sep 19, 2005
  13. Bob Alan

    Bob Alan Guest

    Re: re:Sunrocket VOIP call problems.

    One concern I have - is now that, according to CEO email the SR service is
    "back up" . I still get busy signals on calls to places that I know are not
    busy. On my POTS lines the calls go through

    Bob Alan, Sep 20, 2005
  14. Bob Alan

    Bob Alan wrote:
    > One concern I have - is now that, according to CEO email the SR service is
    > "back up" . I still get busy signals on calls to places that I know are not
    > busy. On my POTS lines the calls go through

    I've heard a few people claiming they have had firmware pushed over the
    last few days. Maybe, you haven't gotten there yet. mine has been
    working great over the last few days.
    , Sep 21, 2005
  15. Bob Alan

    Bob Alan Guest

    Re: re:Sunrocket VOIP call problems.

    Curious how one detects this firmware Rev?

    What I suspect is that many folks that get a busy signal, don't give it a
    2nd thought. they think the number they are calling is in use and just try
    agn later.

    Bob

    Bob Alan, Sep 26, 2005