Sunrocket, Cordia, VOiPyourLife, Packet8, Teleblend what's next?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by hdtv?, Aug 24, 2007.

  1. hdtv?

    hdtv? Guest

    We are SunRocket ejects!
    I have previously posted about my fun (not) in finding another service
    provider.
    Currently we have Teleblend, but their service is not great. Today the
    telephone answering picks up after one
    ring, but the other party reports they had 4 rings. The telephone
    answering is still SunRocket (lots of rumors,
    did some SunRocket employees/management simply move over to Teleblend
    and start a new service with
    leftover SunRocket accounts and equipment?).
    I have sent out an email inquiry to Teleblend - but once again I am
    considering another VOiP service.
    Vonage is not a consideration due to their legal problems. I've
    already tried Cordia, VOiPyourLife and subscribed to Packet 8 for a
    year.
    Is there another company for VOiP that will provide reliable, quality
    service and port my SunRocket telephone #.
    Also, and I know this is a two sided coin, I want a reasonable base
    rate that includes US and Canada calls for free.
    hdtv?, Aug 24, 2007

  2. hdtv?

    Guest

    hdtv? <> wrote:

    > did some SunRocket employees/management simply move over to Teleblend
    > and start a new service with
    > leftover SunRocket accounts and equipment?).

    To answer part of this question, yes, Teleblend did aquire SunRocket equipment. This is why
    some SunRocketeers did have phone service after the "official" SunRocket end of service
    date. If you ported your service to Teleblend they basically did nothing but pick up where
    SR left off.

    I really had no complaints with SR. They answered their phones, gave help, and provided lots
    of extras at a fair price. What I don't like is that they took my $200 and only gave me 5
    months of service.

    Like you, I'm having a tough time finding the right provider. Teleblend didn't work for me.
    I tried Vonics, but canceled them after a couple days. They have terrible support (don't
    answer phones). They refunded my money but a month later they managed to grab my phone
    number! Now I'm trying to get Voip.com to get it back for me. In the meantime I can only
    make outgoing calls.

    Lots of these companies are claiming their poor service is because of the demise of SR. Long
    waits for device deliveries, long waits for sales or support, as if it's our fault. It seems
    a convenient excuse for just plain bad service.
    , Aug 26, 2007

  3. hdtv?

    stevevip

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    After Sunrocket went down, I quickly signed up with "recommended" Teleblend which was a total disaster for reliable working service and customer "no service". I last week signup up with VONAGE and paid extra for 2nd day delivery of device. A week later, the device hasn't even been shipped yet the number already ported and old service not working, so here I am with NO PHONE SERVICE due to lack of device. Vonage hasn't even bothered to answer emails pleading for help, and phone calls to their "24/7" customer no-service only brought a promise that a device would immediately be shipped overnight, yet today, still no device. I called customer no-service today and guess what. It still hasn't been shipped. They promised AGAIN that one will be overnighted and I will have tomorrow. After TWO missed promises of shipment and am not terribly confident that I will have it tomorrow either. I went to Vonage finally because so many "experts" said they now have their previous problems behind them and now are giving 5-star service. Maybe 5 out of 100, but definately not 5out of 5!! I am really frustrated.
    stevevip, Aug 30, 2007