SunRocket and phone attached to fax machine

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Walter Cohen, May 24, 2006.

  1. Walter Cohen

    Walter Cohen Guest

    I have a Brother Personal Fax machine/phone model 190 that I was hoping to
    use along with all the other landline phones in my home with SunRocket. All
    my other phones work great (after disconnecting the VZ incoming line at the
    outside box) but the Brother 190 just tells me 'Call Pickup' which typically
    means an incoming call is coming in (i.e. ringing) and when I do lift up the
    receiver I hear just some buzzing, not a dial tone.

    Again I was hoping to at least be able to use the handset attached to the
    fax as just another phone, and I'd deal with trying to get the fax to
    actually fax (both incoming as well as outgoing).

    Anyone know what might be wrong/happening?
    I know my Brother fax/phone is old but....

    Also, does anyone have a fax machine (with a handset) hooked up and in use
    with SR that actually does work...at least the phone? If so what
    brand/model.

    Thanks,
    Walter

    Walter Cohen, May 24, 2006