    Or am I forced into buying another flash?

    Thanks

    Paul P

    Paul Proefrock, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Paul Proefrock

    Crownfield Guest

    Paul Proefrock wrote:

    > I have a Sunpak 522D flash that I used on my film SLR (Pentax).
    >
    > Just made the big jump to DSLR with a new Canon 300D. Is there an adapter
    > that will work with the Canon Digitals? I see a number of Canon adapters but
    > can't find any information on digital models.

    622 uses specific modules to adapt to each camera.
    I use the nikon module with the S2 pro.

    I would guess that there is a Canon module.

    522:
    A powerful, professional handle mount flash with TTL flash dedication
    capability (requires EXT–11 Cord, and appropriate Sunpak dedicated
    module). The Auto 555 features bounce and swivel control for cr...eative
    lighting effects. A guide number of 150 with ISO 100 film assures ample
    power. Auto range extends from 1.6 to 107 ft., over a 7 aperture range.
    In addition to TTL and auto capability, the Auto 555 features manual
    flash control from full to 1/64 power.

    Crownfield, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Paul Proefrock

    Mike Keith Guest

    The 522 according to Sunpak in a conversation I had with them last week
    should not be used with the EOS series Canon Cameras. That includes the
    300D and 10D. The reason given is that the 522 dumps 600V through the hot
    shoe or PC cord to the camera to trigger the flash. The recommendation
    given me was to move to the 555 and the EXT 11 cable and dedicated EOS unit.
    They are working on a dedicated module for E-TTL flash that should be out
    "real soon now"

    --
    Mike Keith
    "Trust me, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

    Mike Keith, Nov 14, 2003