    exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through Ray-Ban
    this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.

    Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010

  2. Aardvark wrote:

    > A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    > gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    > Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round
    > the ears.
    >
    > He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    > pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    > Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    These?
    http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/RayBan-sfrbp/lb.html
    "Ray Ban RB 3030 Outdoorsman Aviator with Cable Temples Sunglasses"

    That shop seem to be in Houston, TX. I didn't look any deeper for UK
    sites. But since he's waited 'a few years' the extra shipping time
    shouldn't matter much. <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2010

  3. Aardvark

    Mike Easter Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    > gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban Aviator
    > sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the ears.
    >
    > He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement pair
    > exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through Ray-Ban
    > this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    I went to the RayBan site in concordance with googleweb searching on
    rayban aviator green

    http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3025

    Where do they get off with a retail price of $139 for a pair of sunglasses?

    I think I would search on aviator and green and sunglasses and leave off
    the RayBan.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 4, 2010
  4. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:35:07 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >> gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban Aviator
    >> sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the ears.
    >>
    >> He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement pair
    >> exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through Ray-Ban
    >> this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    > I went to the RayBan site in concordance with googleweb searching on
    > rayban aviator green
    >
    > http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3025
    >
    > Where do they get off with a retail price of $139 for a pair of sunglasses?
    >
    > I think I would search on aviator and green and sunglasses and leave off
    > the RayBan.

    Because of the name you pay higher prices.

    If you think that's bad, never buy electronic audio or tv's from Radio
    Shack. I did inventory for an RS store once. Found out quickly how much the
    store manager was buying the stuff for. A $200 stereo cost him 15 bucks.

    I found out once from a truck driver who had delivered riding lawn mowers
    to Sears. He said the cost to Sears was like $750. Sears then changes the
    floor selling price to $2,750.

    I used to get my old aviator sunglasses from a military supply store for a
    mesely little old $10. And I'll bet Ray Ban's aren't any better.

    richard, Jul 4, 2010
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:31:07 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:16:52 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >>gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >>Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    >>ears.
    >>
    >>He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >>pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >>Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>
    >>Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    > Not sure what you mean by springy hooks...
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sunglasses-RayBan-Aviator-Gold-Frame-Green-
    > Medium-/280529526595?
    > cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4150dcdf43#ht_822wt_1138
    > That it?

    Thanks. Basically the right style and colour, but not with the old-
    fashioned hooks for round the ears.

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:32:47 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >> gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >> Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    >> ears.
    >>
    >> He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >> pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >> Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    > These?
    > http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/RayBan-sfrbp/lb.html "Ray Ban RB
    > 3030 Outdoorsman Aviator with Cable Temples Sunglasses"
    >
    > That shop seem to be in Houston, TX. I didn't look any deeper for UK
    > sites. But since he's waited 'a few years' the extra shipping time
    > shouldn't matter much. <g>

    Cheers, mate. That's exactly the style of the ones that were incinerated.

    RB3030. Much easier for me to find here in the UK now, although the US
    version might be an option at a pinch.

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010
  7. Aardvark

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:21:53 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:31:07 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:16:52 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >>>gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >>>Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    >>>ears.
    >>>
    >>>He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >>>pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >>>Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    >> Not sure what you mean by springy hooks...
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sunglasses-RayBan-Aviator-Gold-Frame-Green-
    >> Medium-/280529526595?
    >> cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4150dcdf43#ht_822wt_1138
    >> That it?

    >Thanks. Basically the right style and colour, but not with the old-
    >fashioned hooks for round the ears.

    Maybe if you write to them they could find some for you. Or make some
    again.

    joevan, Jul 4, 2010
  8. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:35:07 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >> gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >> Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    >> ears.
    >>
    >> He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >> pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >> Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    > I went to the RayBan site in concordance with googleweb searching on
    > rayban aviator green
    >
    > http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb3025

    Not quite the model I'm looking for, Mike. Got the wrong 'ear-pieces'.

    > Where do they get off with a retail price of $139 for a pair of
    > sunglasses?

    Cheapest I can find in this country (even with the wrong 'ear-pieces') is
    about 73 quid. Work out the dollar value from that.

    When he first bought the incinerated pair about thirty years ago, they
    were fifty quid.

    > I think I would search on aviator and green and sunglasses and leave off
    > the RayBan.

    Nope. They gotta be Ray-Ban.

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010
  9. Aardvark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>> Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks
    >>> for round the ears.
    >>> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    >> These?
    >> http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/RayBan-sfrbp/lb.html "Ray Ban RB
    >> 3030 Outdoorsman Aviator with Cable Temples Sunglasses"

    > Cheers, mate. That's exactly the style of the ones that were
    > incinerated.
    >
    > RB3030. Much easier for me to find here in the UK now, although the
    > US version might be an option at a pinch.

    I have a pair somewhere in a dusty box, but with yellow shooter's
    lenses. Inherited from my late dad. Everything else is the same.

    Good luck on the hunt. Must ask though, why'd he wait so many years to
    want to replace them?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2010
  10. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 13:11:24 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> These?
    >>> http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/RayBan-sfrbp/lb.html "Ray Ban RB
    >>> 3030 Outdoorsman Aviator with Cable Temples Sunglasses"

    >> Cheers, mate. That's exactly the style of the ones that were
    >> incinerated.
    >>
    >> RB3030. Much easier for me to find here in the UK now, although the US
    >> version might be an option at a pinch.

    > I have a pair somewhere in a dusty box, but with yellow shooter's
    > lenses. Inherited from my late dad. Everything else is the same.
    >
    > Good luck on the hunt. Must ask though, why'd he wait so many years to
    > want to replace them?

    We're getting older now, and we do a lot of reminiscing. His Ray-Bans
    came up in conversation a week or so ago and he asked me if I could price
    up a new pair for him. They were always cool, and suited him well.

    Just doing a favour for my best friend.

    Aardvark, Jul 4, 2010
  11. Aardvark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Good luck on the hunt. Must ask though, why'd he wait so many years
    >> to want to replace them?

    > We're getting older now, and we do a lot of reminiscing. His Ray-Bans
    > came up in conversation a week or so ago and he asked me if I could
    > price up a new pair for him. They were always cool, and suited him
    > well.
    >
    > Just doing a favour for my best friend.

    Ahh, okay. Reminisce -> Urge ... :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2010
  12. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:50:03 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> Good luck on the hunt. Must ask though, why'd he wait so many years to
    >>> want to replace them?

    >> We're getting older now, and we do a lot of reminiscing. His Ray-Bans
    >> came up in conversation a week or so ago and he asked me if I could
    >> price up a new pair for him. They were always cool, and suited him
    >> well.
    >>
    >> Just doing a favour for my best friend.

    > Ahh, okay. Reminisce -> Urge ... :)

    You get the idea, then.

    Why do women in their seventies tend to wear clothing that was de rigeur
    when they were in their twenties?

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  13. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:06:58 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Check this link:
    > http://www.framesdirect.com/RayBan-RB-3030-Outdoorsman-Aviator-with-Cabl
    > e-Temples-Aviator-Sunglasses/eyewear-gsprdt-sfrbp-lb-lik-rdo.html

    Cheers,mate.

    > Have fun cuttin & paystin

    Like it's some kind of biggie?

    > Its exactly wot yer lookin fer yeh daft gumby!

    Sure is!

    > Cheers, mayte.

    May the wind always be at your back and the sun in your face.

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  14. Aardvark

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:16:52 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    > gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    > Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    > ears.
    >
    > He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    > pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    > Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    I used to own a pair. I remember them by the springy-hook-earpieces.

    Search again for "ray-ban wire temple hook" you might have better luck.

    Meat Plow, Jul 5, 2010
  15. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 13:16:50 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:16:52 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >
    >> A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >> gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >> Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round the
    >> ears.
    >>
    >> He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >> pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >> Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    > I used to own a pair. I remember them by the springy-hook-earpieces.
    >
    > Search again for "ray-ban wire temple hook" you might have better luck.

    Job done, Mr Plough. RB3030 L0216.

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  16. Aardvark

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 22:43:21 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 13:16:50 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:16:52 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >>
    >>> A mate of mine had a car crash a few years ago and the car was totally
    >>> gutted by fire. In the blaze, he lost his classic pair of Ray-Ban
    >>> Aviator sunglasses- gold frame, green lens, springy hooks for round
    >>> the ears.
    >>>
    >>> He asked me to see if I could find a price on-line for a replacement
    >>> pair exactly the same, and after about an hour of searching through
    >>> Ray-Ban this and Ray-Ban that, I can't find a similar pair.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me the RB code of the pair I'm looking for?

    >> I used to own a pair. I remember them by the springy-hook-earpieces.
    >>
    >> Search again for "ray-ban wire temple hook" you might have better luck.

    > Job done, Mr Plough. RB3030 L0216.

    So those are not the "Aviator" series. I still might have my pair over at
    my mom's house where I still have a few boxes of old stuff from the 70's
    I need to go through. Glad you found them.

    Meat Plow, Jul 6, 2010
  17. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:07:51 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >> Job done, Mr Plough. RB3030 L0216.

    > So those are not the "Aviator" series.

    Yup. Aviator 'Outdoorsman'.

    Aardvark, Jul 7, 2010