    Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    connection:
    http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html
    Rob King, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Rob King

    Philip Guest

    Rob King wrote:
    > Next week's Sunday programme on ONE has an item about how expensive our
    > broadband is compared to Australia. Probably mostly what we all know,
    > but still might be worth a watch.
    >
    > Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    > connection:
    > http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html

    Fast indeed - but all the plans are poisoned by restrictive data caps.

    I wouldn't sign up to any plan that did this to me:

    " All of our broadband plans have flat rate monthly fees, so you don't
    need to worry about your bill varying from month to month. Once you
    reach your quota, your speed is simply slowed to 64kbps for the rest of
    your billing month. This is called ' shaping '."

    Actually, it's called unacceptable to me.

    Philip
    Philip, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Rob King

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob King wrote:
    > Next week's Sunday programme on ONE has an item about how expensive
    > our broadband is compared to Australia. Probably mostly what we all
    > know, but still might be worth a watch.
    >
    > Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    > connection:
    > http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html

    Thanks but my memory isn't that good.

    Where was I?

    Oh, yeah, a heads-up on Sunday morning would be nice. :)

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Mar 6, 2006
  4. On 5 Mar 2006 15:40:52 -0800, "Rob King" <>
    wrote:

    >Next week's Sunday programme on ONE has an item about how expensive our
    >broadband is compared to Australia. Probably mostly what we all know,
    >but still might be worth a watch.
    >
    >Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    >connection:
    >http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html

    That web page is so like the Ihug plans that it must the Aussie branch
    of the same company. Except that they have ADSL2+ support over there.
    Stephen Worthington, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Rob King

    David Guest

    Stephen Worthington wrote:
    > On 5 Mar 2006 15:40:52 -0800, "Rob King" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Next week's Sunday programme on ONE has an item about how expensive our
    >> broadband is compared to Australia. Probably mostly what we all know,
    >> but still might be worth a watch.
    >>
    >> Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    >> connection:
    >> http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html

    > That web page is so like the Ihug plans that it must the Aussie branch
    > of the same company. Except that they have ADSL2+ support over there.

    Umm, it almost is. IIRC iinet bought ihug a few years ago.
    David, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Rob King

    Andrew Guest

    Rob King wrote:
    > Next week's Sunday programme on ONE has an item about how expensive our
    > broadband is compared to Australia. Probably mostly what we all know,
    > but still might be worth a watch.
    >
    > Out of curiosity, look at iiNet's pricing in AUS for an ADSL2+
    > connection:
    > http://www.iinet.com.au/broadband/index.html

    Thier plans are not that great....

    Looking at the broadbad 1 plans - to compare to NZ.

    Thier 1.5Mbit plans do have 256k up instead of 128, But the price is no
    cheaper then NZ
    Andrew, Mar 7, 2006