Sunday Afternoon

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dudley Hanks, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 20, 2010

  2. On 2010-06-20, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >
    > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > relaxing with Mich.
    >
    > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    > can be found if one looks critically enough...

    Nice!

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com/photos/>
    Author: ===============================

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jun 20, 2010

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Tim Conway Guest

    Tim Conway, Jun 20, 2010
  4. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    > On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >>
    >> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    >> relaxing with Mich.
    >>
    >> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    >> can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >>
    >> Take Care,
    >> Dudley

    > To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    > I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    > capture and present to us.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Thanks, SD, I appreciate that.

    It's the first pic I've shot in a long time where I just wanted to capture
    the moment.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 21, 2010
  5. David J Taylor, Jun 21, 2010
  6. Ï "Dudley Hanks" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >
    > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > relaxing with Mich.
    >
    > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    > can be found if one looks critically enough...

    good one, Dudley! The lighting is good (no underexposure), and the dog and
    girl aren't in the center, but more like the rule of thirds, so it's a good
    composition, too.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jun 21, 2010
  7. Dudley Hanks

    Peter Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >
    > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > relaxing with Mich.
    >
    > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    > can be found if one looks critically enough...

    My title for that shot is "love and trust."

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 22, 2010
  8. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >>
    >> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    >> relaxing with Mich.
    >>
    >> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    >> can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >>

    > My title for that shot is "love and trust."
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Hey, Pete, I like that...

    BTW, I received the pic you sent. My son gave me his interpretation, which
    sounds quite intriguing. I'll forward it to my wife and she'll describe it
    as well. It sounds like your work is extrordinary...

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 22, 2010
  9. Dudley Hanks

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    : >
    : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    : > relaxing with Mich.
    : >
    : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    : >
    : > Take Care,
    : > Dudley
    :
    : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    : capture and present to us.

    What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    taste, what would one criticize?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 22, 2010
  10. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > : On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    > said:
    > :
    > : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full
    > size)
    > : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg
    > (fast
    > : >
    > : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > : > relaxing with Mich.
    > : >
    > : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
    > fault
    > : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    > : >
    > : > Take Care,
    > : > Dudley
    > :
    > : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    > : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    > : capture and present to us.
    >
    > What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    > taste, what would one criticize?
    >
    > Bob

    Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the thought.

    It was a great Fathers Day, and I'm glad the pic captured the feeling.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 22, 2010
  11. Dudley Hanks

    Henry Olson Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:52 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >: On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <> said:
    >:
    >: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    >: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >: >
    >: > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    >: > relaxing with Mich.
    >: >
    >: > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    >: > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >: >
    >: > Take Care,
    >: > Dudley
    >:
    >: To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    >: I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    >: capture and present to us.
    >
    >What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    >taste, what would one criticize?
    >
    >Bob

    Oh, I don't know. The words and phrases of "banal", "mundane",
    "2-year-old's snapshot", "the fully automated camera did all the work",
    etc., come to mind.

    Henry Olson, Jun 22, 2010
  12. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Henry Olson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:52 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    >><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>: On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    >>said:
    >>:
    >>: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full
    >>size)
    >>: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg
    >>(fast
    >>: >
    >>: > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    >>: > relaxing with Mich.
    >>: >
    >>: > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
    >>fault
    >>: > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >>: >
    >>: > Take Care,
    >>: > Dudley
    >>:
    >>: To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    >>: I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    >>: capture and present to us.
    >>
    >>What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    >>taste, what would one criticize?
    >>
    >>Bob

    > Oh, I don't know. The words and phrases of "banal", "mundane",
    > "2-year-old's snapshot", "the fully automated camera did all the work",
    > etc., come to mind.

    What's the matter, LOL, starting in with another ID?

    Here we go again... :)

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 22, 2010
  13. Dudley Hanks

    Robert Coe Guest

    : >:
    : >: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    : >: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    : >: >
    : >:
    : >: To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    : >: I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    : >: capture and present to us.
    : >
    : >What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    : >taste, what would one criticize?
    : >
    : >Bob
    :
    : Oh, I don't know. The words and phrases of "banal", "mundane",
    : "2-year-old's snapshot", "the fully automated camera did all the work",
    : etc., come to mind.

    Those come to your "mind"? Surely you jest.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 22, 2010
  14. Dudley Hanks

    Pete Guest

    On 2010-06-22 01:53:29 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

    > "Peter" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> My title for that shot is "love and trust."
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Hey, Pete, I like that...

    Actually, it was Peter who posted that message. His title for your
    picture is excellent, as is you picture.

    > BTW, I received the pic you sent. My son gave me his interpretation,
    > which sounds quite intriguing. I'll forward it to my wife and she'll
    > describe it as well. It sounds like your work is extrordinary...

    Thanks, Dudley, much appreciated.

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Jun 22, 2010
  15. Dudley Hanks

    Pete Guest

    On 2010-06-22 06:30:04 +0100, rwalker said:

    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:58:10 -0500, Henry Olson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:52 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    >>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>> : On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks"
    >>> <> said:
    >>> :
    >>> : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    >>> : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >>> : >
    >>> : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    >>> : > relaxing with Mich.
    >>> : >
    >>> : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    >>> : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >>> : >
    >>> : > Take Care,
    >>> : > Dudley
    >>> :
    >>> : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    >>> : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    >>> : capture and present to us.
    >>>
    >>> What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    >>> taste, what would one criticize?
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> Oh, I don't know. The words and phrases of "banal", "mundane",
    >> "2-year-old's snapshot", "the fully automated camera did all the work",
    >> etc., come to mind.

    > You're an asshole also comes to mind.

    Well said.

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Jun 22, 2010
  16. Dudley Hanks

    Vance Guest

    On Jun 20, 3:00 pm, "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote:
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    >
    > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > relaxing with Mich.
    >
    > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Very nice shot Dudley. I think this is the first time I've seen your
    daughter. Pretty young lady.

    Vance

    Vance, Jun 22, 2010
  17. Dudley Hanks

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:52 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : : On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <> said:
    : :
    : : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
    : : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
    : : >
    : : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    : : > relaxing with Mich.
    : : >
    : : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
    : : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    : : >
    : : > Take Care,
    : : > Dudley
    : :
    : : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
    : : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    : : capture and present to us.
    :
    : What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
    : taste, what would one criticize?

    Mich is a beautiful dog, BTW. I suppose you've never really gotten a good look
    at him. :^|

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 23, 2010
  18. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:52 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
    > : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > : : On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks"
    > <> said:
    > : :
    > : : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full
    > size)
    > : : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg
    > (fast
    > : : >
    > : : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
    > : : > relaxing with Mich.
    > : : >
    > : : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
    > fault
    > : : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
    > : : >
    > : : > Take Care,
    > : : > Dudley
    > : :
    > : : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day
    > Dudley.
    > : : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
    > : : capture and present to us.
    > :
    > : What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting
    > individual
    > : taste, what would one criticize?
    >
    > Mich is a beautiful dog, BTW. I suppose you've never really gotten a good
    > look
    > at him. :^|
    >
    > Bob

    No, I really don't know what he looks like, other than the descriptions
    others have given me.

    One thing that keeps getting a lot of compliments is how his face tends to
    go copperish around sunset. I want to catch that in an image, soon.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 23, 2010