    Bugzilla. I would like to replace the IE Calendar with Sunbird, but the
    latter still has major problems. I'm happy to be a tester and work with
    the developers.

    William W. Plummer, Jul 13, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    Jim K Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Is Sunbird under active development? I don't see it mentioned on
    > Bugzilla. I would like to replace the IE Calendar with Sunbird, but the
    > latter still has major problems. I'm happy to be a tester and work with
    > the developers.

    Yes, it is under active development. Test builds are being released.
    However, not as many people appear to be working on Calendar.
    Development might pick up after Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0 are
    released. I have a feeling that those two programs are the highest
    priority right now.

    There is a calendar component in BugZilla. Most issues with Sunbird are
    probably in the Calendar code, just like many programs in Firefox are in
    the Browser code.

    If you want to dump Microsoft's calendar but you don't want to switch to
    Mozilla yet, you may want to try a web based calendar, such as Yahoo
    Calendar.

    Jim K, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Jim K wrote:
    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Is Sunbird under active development? I don't see it mentioned on
    >> Bugzilla. I would like to replace the IE Calendar with Sunbird, but
    >> the latter still has major problems. I'm happy to be a tester and
    >> work with the developers.

    > Yes, it is under active development. Test builds are being released.
    > However, not as many people appear to be working on Calendar.
    > Development might pick up after Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0 are
    > released. I have a feeling that those two programs are the highest
    > priority right now.
    >
    > There is a calendar component in BugZilla. Most issues with Sunbird are
    > probably in the Calendar code, just like many programs in Firefox are in
    > the Browser code.
    >
    > If you want to dump Microsoft's calendar but you don't want to switch to
    > Mozilla yet, you may want to try a web based calendar, such as Yahoo
    > Calendar.

    Maybe. One big problem I have with Sunbird is that it doesn't put its
    alert messages on top of my desktop so I see them. Do you know if the
    Yahoo calendar can do that?

    William W. Plummer, Jul 13, 2004
  4. William W. Plummer

    Jim K Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Jim K wrote:
    >
    >> William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is Sunbird under active development? I don't see it mentioned on
    >>> Bugzilla. I would like to replace the IE Calendar with Sunbird, but
    >>> the latter still has major problems. I'm happy to be a tester and
    >>> work with the developers.

    >> Yes, it is under active development. Test builds are being released.
    >> However, not as many people appear to be working on Calendar.
    >> Development might pick up after Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0 are
    >> released. I have a feeling that those two programs are the highest
    >> priority right now.
    >>
    >> There is a calendar component in BugZilla. Most issues with Sunbird
    >> are probably in the Calendar code, just like many programs in Firefox
    >> are in the Browser code.
    >>
    >> If you want to dump Microsoft's calendar but you don't want to switch
    >> to Mozilla yet, you may want to try a web based calendar, such as
    >> Yahoo Calendar.

    > Maybe. One big problem I have with Sunbird is that it doesn't put its
    > alert messages on top of my desktop so I see them. Do you know if the
    > Yahoo calendar can do that?

    It can e-mail them to you. If you leave mail open all day, you will know
    about alerts from your mail client. It wouldn't work too well with most
    Web Mail services.

    I think there is some integration between Yahoo Calendar and the latest
    version of Yahoo Messenger. You might want to try using that.

    Jim K, Jul 13, 2004
  5. Jim K wrote:
    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Jim K wrote:

    >>> Yes, it is under active development. Test builds are being released.
    >>> However, not as many people appear to be working on Calendar.
    >>> Development might pick up after Firefox and Thunderbird 1.0 are
    >>> released. I have a feeling that those two programs are the highest
    >>> priority right now.
    >>>
    >>> There is a calendar component in BugZilla. Most issues with Sunbird
    >>> are probably in the Calendar code, just like many programs in Firefox
    >>> are in the Browser code.
    >>>
    >>> If you want to dump Microsoft's calendar but you don't want to switch
    >>> to Mozilla yet, you may want to try a web based calendar, such as
    >>> Yahoo Calendar.

    >> Maybe. One big problem I have with Sunbird is that it doesn't put
    >> its alert messages on top of my desktop so I see them. Do you know
    >> if the Yahoo calendar can do that?

    > It can e-mail them to you. If you leave mail open all day, you will know
    > about alerts from your mail client. It wouldn't work too well with most
    > Web Mail services.
    >
    > I think there is some integration between Yahoo Calendar and the latest
    > version of Yahoo Messenger. You might want to try using that.

    I'm sorry but it's looking like Outlook suits my needs much better.

    William W. Plummer, Jul 14, 2004