    --
    Sarah :eek:)
    Spring the spamtrap: ess ell arr twenty at sussex stop ac stop uk

    Sarah, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Sarah wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've read and re-read the bits about Sunbird and Calendar, and I just
    > can't decide which to download. I have Thunderbird and Firefox, but
    > integration isn't essential for me.
    >
    > Maybe I should just pick whichever one takes up the least space? Or
    > runs faster and uses least resources?
    >
    > I really don't know, so any advice would be most gratefully received.

    Well, if you already have either Firefox or Thunderbird running, then
    Calendar will take less space and resources, because it will use the
    Gecko engine that's already loaded. Sunbird has to load it's own copy of
    Gecko. (The Mozilla project is working on a way for a single Gecko
    installation to be shared by multiple applications, but this is a ways
    off still.)

    There are some subtle differences between Calendar and Sunbird. For one,
    Calendar's toolbar cannot be customized, while Sunbird's can. You might
    want to just do what I did: try both and keep the one you like better.

    --
    Ryukage

    Damian Dollahite, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Sarah

    Andy Guest

    Sarah wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've read and re-read the bits about Sunbird and Calendar, and I just
    > can't decide which to download. I have Thunderbird and Firefox, but
    > integration isn't essential for me.
    >
    > Maybe I should just pick whichever one takes up the least space? Or
    > runs faster and uses least resources?
    >
    > I really don't know, so any advice would be most gratefully received.

    You can always post your question on the calendar newsgroup:

    Andy
    --
    to contact me, remove the NO-TINNED-MEAT

    What you are reading here are among the last few messages from me. I
    won’t be here much longer. My time here is coming to an end. I’ve got
    maybe 4, 5 or 6 days left to help out and then I’m gone. I know, I
    know, some of you will be glad to get rid of me, so have a party.
    I’ve posted the rest of my Fun With Telemarketers here:
    snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/df7dcm$

    Andy, Sep 3, 2005
  4. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    Re: Sunbird vs Calendar - Thanks for your responses :eek:)

    Thanks to Andy & Ryukage for the responses, I think I will play with
    both and pick a favorite
    Sarah :eek:)

    Sarah, Sep 5, 2005