    Please post replies to the group.
    Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
    XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

    Tx2, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Tx2

    Gary Guest

    On 13-Mar-2007, Tx2 <> wrote:

    > Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    > erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    > for a replacement.
    >
    > Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >
    > I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    > in-one' package.
    >

    > --
    > My reply address is invalid.
    > Please post replies to the group.
    > Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
    > XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

    Superantispyware

    Gary, Mar 14, 2007

  3. "Tx2" <> wrote in message

    > Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    > erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    > for a replacement.
    >
    > Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >
    > I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    > in-one' package.
    >

    > --
    > My reply address is invalid.
    > Please post replies to the group.
    > Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
    > XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

    The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.

    Senior's Guide to Computers
    http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Tx2

    Ron Lopshire Guest

    Seniors Guide to Computers wrote:

    > "Tx2" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    >>erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    >>for a replacement.
    >>
    >>Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >>
    >>I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    >>in-one' package.

    > The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.
    >
    > Senior's Guide to Computers
    > http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    To Senior's Guide,

    1) I am beginning to see where you are coming from. How much do you get
    paid shilling for various vendors?

    2) You Quotefix is borked. Please fix it, or strip sigs manually. Thank
    you for your consideration.

    To Tx2,

    1) Check this out.

    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy

    2) Stay away from these creeps.

    Ron :)

    Ron Lopshire, Mar 14, 2007
  5. "Ron Lopshire" <> wrote in message
    > Seniors Guide to Computers wrote:
    >
    >> "Tx2" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    >>>erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    >>>for a replacement.
    >>>
    >>>Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >>>
    >>>I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    >>>in-one' package.

    >> The two best anti-spyware programs are SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor.
    >>
    >> Senior's Guide to Computers
    >> http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    > To Senior's Guide,
    >
    > 1) I am beginning to see where you are coming from. How much do you get
    > paid shilling for various vendors?
    >
    > 2) You Quotefix is borked. Please fix it, or strip sigs manually. Thank
    > you for your consideration.
    >
    > To Tx2,
    >
    > 1) Check this out.
    >
    > http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy
    >
    > 2) Stay away from these creeps.
    >
    > http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
    >
    > Ron :)

    Please keep your outrageous lies to your self. Just look these programs up
    in PC Magazine or CNet.

    How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?

    Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
    "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting; inadequate
    info about company & app"

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Tx2

    Vanguard Guest

    Senior Ravaged by Senility wrote in message

    > Ron wrote ...
    >
    >> 1) Check this out.
    >>
    >> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy
    >>
    >> 2) Stay away from these creeps.
    >>
    >> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

    > How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
    >
    > Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
    > "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;
    > inadequate info about company & app"

    You're too fucking lazy to even bother visiting the site mentioned to
    know what the hell you're talking about. The site that Ron mentioned
    has nothing to do with the product you mentioned. spywarewarrior.com
    doesn't sell anything!

    Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
    Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. In fact,
    spwarewarrior.com lists Spyware Warrior as more crapware trying to
    garner sales by hijacking a known name, like the various shitware that
    used to have Spybot in its name to confuse boobs that have heard of
    Spybot S&D.

    I bet you think Outlook Express is a lite version of Outlook just
    because Outlook is used in both product names, or Word and WordPerfect
    are sister programs, too.

    Vanguard, Mar 15, 2007
  7. Tx2

    Gary Guest

    > Please keep your outrageous lies to your self. Just look these

    programs up
    > in PC Magazine or CNet.
    >
    > How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
    >
    > Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
    > "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;

    inadequate
    > info about company & app"
    >
    > Senior's Guide to Computers
    > http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    Holy jumping catfish! I have refrained from saying anything so far, but
    this statement of yours really breaks the bees balls. You really need to
    think twice before offering this kind of "help" to some poor 90 year
    old cat staggering down the street. The weight of his laptop is a
    sufficient burden. Poor stinking devil.

    Gareth

    Gary, Mar 15, 2007
  8. "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > Senior Ravaged by Senility wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ron wrote ...
    >>
    >>> 1) Check this out.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy
    >>>
    >>> 2) Stay away from these creeps.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

    >> How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
    >>
    >> Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
    >> "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;
    >> inadequate info about company & app"

    > You're too fucking lazy to even bother visiting the site mentioned to know
    > what the hell you're talking about. The site that Ron mentioned has
    > nothing to do with the product you mentioned. spywarewarrior.com doesn't
    > sell anything!
    >
    > Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
    > Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. In fact,
    > spwarewarrior.com lists Spyware Warrior as more crapware trying to garner
    > sales by hijacking a known name, like the various shitware that used to
    > have Spybot in its name to confuse boobs that have heard of Spybot S&D.
    >
    > I bet you think Outlook Express is a lite version of Outlook just because
    > Outlook is used in both product names, or Word and WordPerfect are sister
    > programs, too.

    "Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
    Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. "

    Come back when you learn how to spell.

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 15, 2007
  9. Tx2

    Someone else Guest

    >Come back when you learn how to spell.

    Plonk.

    Someone else, Mar 15, 2007
  10. Tx2

    Tx2 Guest

    In article <>, Tx2
    of , felt we'd be interested in the
    following...

    > Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    > erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    > for a replacement.
    >
    > Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >
    > I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    > in-one' package.

    Thanks guys.

    But one query - shouldn't that read "senile guide to computers"?

    :)

    --
    My reply address is invalid.

    Tx2, Mar 15, 2007
  11. Tx2

    Vanguard Guest

    "Seniors Guide to Computers" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    >> Senior Ravaged by Senility wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Ron wrote ...

    >>> How much do you get for hawking crap like Spyware Warrior?
    >>>
    >>> Download.com gives Spyware Warrior one star and says:
    >>> "false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting;
    >>> inadequate info about company & app"

    >> You're too fucking lazy to even bother visiting the site mentioned to
    >> know what the hell you're talking about. The site that Ron mentioned
    >> has nothing to do with the product you mentioned. spywarewarrior.com
    >> doesn't sell anything!
    >>
    >> Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
    >> Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. In fact,
    >> spwarewarrior.com lists Spyware Warrior as more crapware trying to
    >> garner sales by hijacking a known name, like the various shitware
    >> that used to have Spybot in its name to confuse boobs that have heard
    >> of Spybot S&D.
    >>
    >> I bet you think Outlook Express is a lite version of Outlook just
    >> because Outlook is used in both product names, or Word and
    >> WordPerfect are sister programs, too.

    > "Like those boobs that incorrectly associate a product name, you think
    > Spware Warrior has somthing to do with spywarewarrior.com. "
    >
    > Come back when you learn how to spell.
    >
    > Senior's Guide to Computers

    Yeah, I know I'll get flamed for being a sexist but here goes anyway:

    Yep, when losing the argument, use female logic (i.e., change the
    subject).

    Vanguard, Mar 16, 2007
  12. Tx2

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > On 13-Mar-2007, Tx2 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    >> erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    >> for a replacement.
    >>
    >> Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >>
    >> I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    >> in-one' package.
    >>

    >> --
    >> My reply address is invalid.
    >> Please post replies to the group.
    >> Messages sent via Google Groups are 'auto-ignored'
    >> XPS M1710 / 2.16 GHz dual core / 2Gb DDR2 / nVidia GeForce 7950GTX

    > Superantispyware

    I found Superantispyware found stuff the others did not - pretty good.

    Rick Merrill, Mar 16, 2007
  13. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > I found Superantispyware found stuff the others did not - pretty good.

    Same for me, but on a clean system - pretty bad.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 16, 2007
  14. Tx2

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:49:59 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk
    <> wrote:

    >Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    >> I found Superantispyware found stuff the others did not - pretty good.

    >Same for me, but on a clean system - pretty bad.

    I evaluated Spyware 'Eliminator' from c-point software
    and although it was fast and found something mildly suspicious
    it also gave a number of false positives, and took a dislike
    to VNC viewer.

    Previously used 'Spyware Doctor' from PCTools, however in its
    recent incarnation it wants to run all the time and their
    licencing terms and continual emailing sucks so its history.

    Best solution to spyware is not to get it.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 17, 2007
  15. Tx2

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:32:28 -0400, "Seniors Guide to Computers"
    <> wrote:

    >Come back when you learn how to spell.

    AND you come back when you have a clue.

    This is a group where fools are not suffered
    gladly and so far you seem to be a bad mannered
    idiot who is unwilling to listen and ignores the
    established posting norms.

    critisising spelling is the last resort of an
    intellectually bankrupt moron.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 17, 2007
  16. "Jim Watt" <_way> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:32:28 -0400, "Seniors Guide to Computers"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Come back when you learn how to spell.

    > AND you come back when you have a clue.
    >
    > This is a group where fools are not suffered
    > gladly and so far you seem to be a bad mannered
    > idiot who is unwilling to listen and ignores the
    > established posting norms.
    >
    > critisising spelling is the last resort of an
    > intellectually bankrupt moron.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    I know you are but what am I?

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 18, 2007
  17. "Tx2" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Tx2
    > of , felt we'd be interested in the
    > following...
    >

    >> Been using Sunbelt Counterspy for some time now, but it has started
    >> erroring unexplicably of late. I can't find the reason, so I'm looking
    >> for a replacement.
    >>
    >> Any recommendations? I don't mind free or buy software.
    >>
    >> I have used Spybot S&D with Ad-Aware beofre now, but I do like the 'all-
    >> in-one' package.

    > Thanks guys.
    >
    > But one query - shouldn't that read "senile guide to computers"?
    >
    > :)
    >
    > --

    Why are you making fun of senior citizens?

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 18, 2007
  18. Tx2

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:21:34 -0400, "Seniors Guide to Computers"
    <> wrote:

    >> But one query - shouldn't that read "senile guide to computers"?
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> --

    >Why are you making fun of senior citizens?

    He's not, he's making fun of you, troll.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Mar 18, 2007
  19. Tx2

    ArtDent Guest

    On 17-Mar-2007, "Seniors Guide to Computers" <jeff@<snip>.com> wrote:

    > I know you are but what am I?

    <sarcasm>
    Now _there's_ a mature response if I have ever heard one!
    <end sarcasm>
    Next we will be hearing how you are rubber...?

    btw, people, please stop including this trolls url if/when you respond to
    him.

    --
    I am not a complete idiot.
    Parts are missing.

    ArtDent, Mar 19, 2007
  20. "Jim Watt" <_way> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:21:34 -0400, "Seniors Guide to Computers"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>> But one query - shouldn't that read "senile guide to computers"?
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>>
    >>> --

    >>Why are you making fun of senior citizens?

    > He's not, he's making fun of you, troll.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Senility is not a joke.

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 20, 2007