Sunbeam this, Sunbeam that....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigal, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What's up with Sunbeam Technology? Are they copying other's products? I think Unholy better pull some strings and get us (me) one to review...

    Here we have an example of Sunbeam's apparent clone of a Cooler Master Musketeer 1 device, although it has more functionality:

    Product Details:
    The Cannoneer is designed to display the fan voltage, audio sound pressure and the temperature of the positioned thermal sensor when connected to this device. Plus, the two sliders allow users to adjust the fan speed, and the dynamics of the sound pressure simply and with no hassles.

    Features:

    * Great for PC equipped with Audio device & High-speed fan
    * Sound pressure for audio device
    * Noise reduction and energy conservation for 4 fans
    * Thermal sensors for detecting PC main system temperature: CPU, HDD, VGA, CASE.
    * Reflective Blue LED display
    * Connects directly to your PC’s power supply
    * No software required and easy to install

    Specifications:

    * Voltage (Left) Dial Display: DC 0 to 12V
    * VU (middle) Dial Display: -20 to +3dB
    * Temperature (right) Dial Display: 10-90 Celsius/50-180 Fahrenheit
    * Sound Pressure: -20 to + 3dB (depends on the input from sound card)

    Package Contents:

    * CANNONEER
    * Dual stereo plug audio cable
    * Screw pack
    * All in one PCI bracket: Thermal sensors, Extra 3 fan-speed adjustable knobs, Stereo audio cable

    Price: $24.95

    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4008

    [​IMG]
    bigal, Jan 25, 2006

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hahaha, I told you Al, they're a cheap knockoff company, they're the kinda company that puts out "Panasaonic" (not a typo) stereos and "Soney" comptuers and eventually we'll see a "Ferrarri" from them I'm sure. :)
    The Modfather, Jan 25, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yeah...

    ...I'll take mine with racing stripes and a cat instead of a dancing horse for the hood / trunk emblem.

    [​IMG]
    bigal, Jan 25, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Nah man i cant get u one of those, i am getting u a symmtery :p

    Its a problem with every company. Like sunbeams like the superior panel, it got copied by another company (i think it was like ultra or something that copied it.

    Evercool copied Titan's Bianca.

    Not everything they make is a cheap knock off, take the 3.5" inch superior panel, the Nuuo, the Trio and their cases (apart from the acrylic one cause every place makes them)

    Some of those older things Sunbeam Has discontinued. I know they got rid of the CCFL Fan Grills.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
    unholy, Jan 26, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    OH Yes, their lovely LED lighted fan grills that come with LEDs that don't work but if they did you have to crazy glue them into the grills and then you have this lovely wire dangling from the grill. I love those things. I had 4 of them, all 4 didn't work.
    The Modfather, Jan 26, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have some installed...

    ...and modded too. I needed a spacer between a Cooler Master Aero blower fan and the CPU heatsink, so I cut the center section out from a LED fan grill. The LED stays put in my example, and it also lights up the blower fan a bit. I like the effect. Try it, you'll like it.:lollypop:
    bigal, Jan 26, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    If I had one where the LED worked I might do that, but, no such luck, they were all DoA.
    The Modfather, Jan 27, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Maybe ur wiring em wrong :p
    unholy, Jan 27, 2006
  9. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Wiring them wrong? Yeah okay, 2 wires, connected to an existing connector, plugs into an existing plug and somehow *I'M* wiring it wrong? More like Sunbeam makes garbage knock offs.
    The Modfather, Jan 28, 2006
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Maybe sunbeam Hates you because they know you bad mouth them :p
    unholy, Jan 29, 2006
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    At that point I hadn't said anything about 'em. I thought it was odd that a toaster maker was doing modding parts but other than that, I hadn't seen anything from 'em before. Now that I know they're just a cheap Chinese knockoff company I know to just avoid that kaka.
    The Modfather, Jan 29, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    their name is Sunbeamtech not sunbeam :p get it right or i will make you do the dodokaka :p

    I haven't had any problems of their stuff being cheap knock off, if anything they have improved the stuff :p Shows you how different it is over in america :p
    unholy, Jan 29, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Exactly, over here we're used to a higher quality of products, down there, Sunbeam passes for good stuff. Don't you wish you lived here where we don't accept that kind of stuff?

    Sunbeamtech, bleh! They're still named after a toaster.
    The Modfather, Jan 30, 2006
  14. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I would much rather live over here than in USA. To be honest, your country doesn't seem like a safe place to live to me. Nothing in particular makes me think that, just got that impression somewhere and never lost it.
    XhArD, Jan 30, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Getting back to Sunbeam products...

    ...are there any other items offered by Sunbeam that are truly "unique" or of their own design? I know they keep coming out with new items....:hmm2:
    bigal, Jan 30, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Theta, thats orginal. Night Magic.... theres a few, but most are cases :p
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Give us links, we want to see the proof.

    X, that's not really true, you're just thinking of what you see on TV and in movies, mostly cities like LA, New York, Chicago, Philly, etc... We's a big country with lots of places that are nothing like that.
    The Modfather, Jan 30, 2006
  18. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    They are all on www.sunbeamtech.com , how many times have i told you i dont know more then what on there, unless you wish to ask the proplr who designed the stuff :p You know its common for ppl to find the same idea but see nothing of each others. Sunbeam try to hold there devices sercet until release date.

    I didn't even know the New Tuniq 2 and the Storm Case had come out :|
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey....

    ...why don't they reference one of your reviews, Unholy? Haven't you done several for their products?:)
    bigal, Jan 31, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I dont know, i think its cause i never give them a quote and a award logo or something i am not sure :|
    unholy, Jan 31, 2006