    Rob
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com

    Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
    Rob S, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Rob S

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Rob S wrote:
    > http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/02/sun-shines-again.html
    >
    > It would be interesting to see the results of both Sun's & Microsoft's
    > conversion tools on a complex .doc with tables, graphs, images etc.
    >
    > The last paragraph is interesting. I didn't think there were enough
    > OS/2 desktop users left to warrant a port 0f openoffice.

    Depends on how much work it is. If it's a matter of little more than
    recompiling then a userbase of any size whatsoever justifies a port.
    Nik Coughlin, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Rob S

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:02:24 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Rob S wrote:
    >> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/02/sun-shines-again.html
    >>
    >> It would be interesting to see the results of both Sun's & Microsoft's
    >> conversion tools on a complex .doc with tables, graphs, images etc.
    >>
    >> The last paragraph is interesting. I didn't think there were enough
    >> OS/2 desktop users left to warrant a port 0f openoffice.

    >Depends on how much work it is. If it's a matter of little more than
    >recompiling then a userbase of any size whatsoever justifies a port.

    Well, it does when they don't have to provide any form of support.

    --
    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F, it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Fred Dagg, Feb 8, 2007
  4. Rob S

    Philip Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > Rob S wrote:
    >> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/02/sun-shines-again.html
    >>
    >> It would be interesting to see the results of both Sun's & Microsoft's
    >> conversion tools on a complex .doc with tables, graphs, images etc.
    >>
    >> The last paragraph is interesting. I didn't think there were enough
    >> OS/2 desktop users left to warrant a port 0f openoffice.

    > Depends on how much work it is. If it's a matter of little more than
    > recompiling then a userbase of any size whatsoever justifies a port.

    Is OS/2 still maintained at all? Did they ever OpenSource it?

    Philip
    Philip, Feb 8, 2007