    Rich Guest

    Sun to Give Out Operating System for Free
    What impact do you think this will have on Lindows and Window$?

    Rich, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Rich

    John Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:34:38 -0500, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >Sun to Give Out Operating System for Free

    Says who?

    >What impact do you think this will have on Lindows and Window$?

    That'll depend on a lot of things . . . .

    John, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Dennis Henderson, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Rich

    John Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:06:19 -0500, Dennis Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:34:38 -0500, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sun to Give Out Operating System for Free

    >> Says who?

    >Says Sun:
    >http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/solaris-express/get.html

    Thanks, Dennis.
    Now I've got to figure out what - if anything - I'm going to do with this.
    Are you aware of any newsgroups dealing with this?

    John, Nov 15, 2004
  5. On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:14:50 -0500, John wrote:

    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:06:19 -0500, Dennis Henderson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>John wrote:

    >>> Says who?

    >>Says Sun:
    >>http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/solaris-express/get.html

    > Thanks, Dennis.
    > Now I've got to figure out what - if anything - I'm going to do with this.
    > Are you aware of any newsgroups dealing with this?

    --
    Mark R. Blain, lid
    (change .INVALID to .NET to reply)

    Mark R. Blain, Nov 15, 2004
  6. On 2004-11-15, Rich <> wrote:

    > Sun to Give Out Operating System for Free
    > What impact do you think this will have on Lindows and Window$?

    Not much. Solaris 9 has been freely available for a couple years already.

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Nov 16, 2004
  7. John Thompson, Nov 16, 2004
  8. John Thompson <2.dhs.org> writes:

    > Not much. Solaris 9 has been freely available for a couple years
    > already.

    And IIRC Solaris 8 for x86.

    (Note IIRC that the Solaris 10 offer does not include the source yet,
    and does not include patch updates).

    --
    Simon Kellett, Darmstadt, Germany | http://home.arcor.de/zoxed
    Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox | Xemacs, vm, Gnus

    Simon Kellett, Nov 16, 2004