Sun Sparc Ultra-1s

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Larry Spitz, Jun 28, 2008.

  1. Larry Spitz

    Larry Spitz Guest

    I have two dinosaurs, but usable, reliable dinosaurs.

    I have two Sun Microsystems Ultra 1 machines. These are blindingly fast 170
    MHz machines in good working order. They have mice and the nicest keyboard
    you have ever used. 20" monitors. There is an external disk drive data
    library which can take up to 7 additional disks. I think there are four in
    it now with huge storage capacity (4 & 8 GB).

    They are running Solaris 5.2, an operating system which has been around
    since about 2000. One machine now has an uptime of 488 days. The other one
    has been quietly in reserve, waiting for the first one to fail, which it
    hasn't.

    I am willing to part with these gems for the grand price of - wait for it -
    nothing! That's right, free to a good home if, and only if, you pick up in
    Nelson.

    How can you pass up such a deal?

    Cheers,

    Larry