Sun Java for IE x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by roman modic, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. roman modic

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Dec 14, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. You left out the exciting part:

    Feature List:

    * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now
    support Windows 2008.
    * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now
    supports 64-bit browsers.

    roman modic wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >
    >
    > http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >
    > Cheers, Roman
     
    Bobby Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. roman modic

    Carlos Guest

    Thanks, roman!
    Downloaded
    (http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/6...2-ea-bin-b02-windows-amd64-p-08_dec_2008.exe),
    installed and tested
    (http://www.upshot.com/login/javatest/logo/javavmtest.html).
    Working!
    :)
    Carlos

    "roman modic" wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >
    >
    > http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >
    > Cheers, Roman
    >
     
    Carlos, Dec 14, 2008
    #3
  4. roman modic

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Dec 14, 2008
    #4
  5. roman modic

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Dec 14, 2008
    #5
  6. Thanks, Carlos. It's a bit exciting to have a Java console
    that works in both I.E.7 64-bit and Minefield - the 64-bit
    Firefox.


    Carlos wrote:
    > Thanks, roman!
    > Downloaded
    > (http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/6...2-ea-bin-b02-windows-amd64-p-08_dec_2008.exe),
    > installed and tested
    > (http://www.upshot.com/login/javatest/logo/javavmtest.html).
    > Working!
    > :)
    > Carlos
    >
    > "roman modic" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>
    >>
    >> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>
    >> Cheers, Roman
    >>
     
    Bobby Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
    #6
  7. roman modic

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Thanks, Carlos. It's a bit exciting to have a Java console that works in both I.E.7 64-bit and Minefield - the 64-bit Firefox.


    Unfortunately there will be no 64-bit version of Chromium / Google Chrome soon ?
    http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/64-bit-support
    Regards, Roman
     
    roman modic, Dec 14, 2008
    #7
  8. Please enlighten me. I am baffled as to what the
    relationship is of this post. I must have missed it when
    someone mentioned Google Chrome.

    Personally I have been totally unimpressed with Chrome
    because it is so rudimentary and significantly lacks the
    options to personalize it! So, until Google produces a REAL
    browser, I will continue with Firefox. Opera it better than
    Chrome!


    roman modic wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Thanks, Carlos. It's a bit exciting to have a Java console that works
    >> in both I.E.7 64-bit and Minefield - the 64-bit Firefox.

    >
    > Unfortunately there will be no 64-bit version of Chromium / Google
    > Chrome soon ?
    > http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/64-bit-support
    >
    >
    > Regards, Roman
    >
     
    Bobby Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
    #8
  9. roman modic

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message news:%...
    > Please enlighten me. I am baffled as to what the
    > relationship is of this post. I must have missed it when
    > someone mentioned Google Chrome.


    :)

    > Personally I have been totally unimpressed with Chrome
    > because it is so rudimentary and significantly lacks the
    > options to personalize it! So, until Google produces a REAL
    > browser, I will continue with Firefox. Opera it better than
    > Chrome!


    I agree. Unfortunately there is no official 64-bit version of Opera for Windows :(
    http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/java-setup/11797/JRE-and-Opera-on-Windows-x64-bit
    http://www.xsi-blog.com/archives/251

    Cheers, Roman
     
    roman modic, Dec 14, 2008
    #9
  10. If you want the 64-bit Firefox you can download it here:
    http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Download

    It works on both XP x64 and Vista x64.


    roman modic wrote:
    > There is a 64-bit Native version of firefox out there, though I wish
    > 64-bit Opera existed for Windows 64 bit.
    >
    >
    > Cheers, Roman
    >
    >
     
    Bobby Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
    #10
  11. roman modic

    Joe Schmoe Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You left out the exciting part:
    >
    > Feature List:
    >
    > * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support Windows
    > 2008.
    > * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports 64-bit
    > browsers.
    >
    > roman modic wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>
    >>
    >> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>
    >> Cheers, Roman




    is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?

    thanx
     
    Joe Schmoe, Jan 5, 2009
    #11
  12. That's where I have it installed and running.


    Joe Schmoe wrote:
    > "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> You left out the exciting part:
    >>
    >> Feature List:
    >>
    >> * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support Windows
    >> 2008.
    >> * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports 64-bit
    >> browsers.
    >>
    >> roman modic wrote:
    >>> Hello!
    >>>
    >>> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>>
    >>> Cheers, Roman

    >
    >
    >
    > is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?
    >
    > thanx
     
    Bobby Johnson, Jan 5, 2009
    #12
  13. roman modic

    Joe Schmoe Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:OOdwG$...
    > That's where I have it installed and running.
    >
    >
    > Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> You left out the exciting part:
    >>>
    >>> Feature List:
    >>>
    >>> * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support Windows
    >>> 2008.
    >>> * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports 64-bit
    >>> browsers.
    >>>
    >>> roman modic wrote:
    >>>> Hello!
    >>>>
    >>>> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>>>
    >>>> Cheers, Roman

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?
    >>
    >> thanx




    i see this is the runtime environment...not the plugin, or am i mis reading
    it?
     
    Joe Schmoe, Jan 8, 2009
    #13
  14. It's the whole tamale for 64-bit browsers!


    Joe Schmoe wrote:
    > "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > news:OOdwG$...
    >> That's where I have it installed and running.
    >>
    >>
    >> Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >>> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> You left out the exciting part:
    >>>>
    >>>> Feature List:
    >>>>
    >>>> * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support
    >>>> Windows 2008.
    >>>> * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports
    >>>> 64-bit browsers.
    >>>>
    >>>> roman modic wrote:
    >>>>> Hello!
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Cheers, Roman
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?
    >>>
    >>> thanx

    >
    >
    >
    > i see this is the runtime environment...not the plugin, or am i mis
    > reading it?
     
    Bobby Johnson, Jan 8, 2009
    #14
  15. roman modic

    Joe Schmoe Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It's the whole tamale for 64-bit browsers!
    >
    >
    > Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> news:OOdwG$...
    >>> That's where I have it installed and running.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >>>> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>>> You left out the exciting part:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Feature List:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support Windows
    >>>>> 2008.
    >>>>> * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports 64-bit
    >>>>> browsers.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> roman modic wrote:
    >>>>>> Hello!
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Cheers, Roman
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?
    >>>>
    >>>> thanx

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> i see this is the runtime environment...not the plugin, or am i mis
    >> reading it?


    thank you for the clarifcation... didn't read it as such
     
    Joe Schmoe, Jan 12, 2009
    #15
  16. Maybe it's supposed to be "the whole enchilada" instead of
    tamale.


    Joe Schmoe wrote:
    > "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> It's the whole tamale for 64-bit browsers!
    >>
    >>
    >> Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >>> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:OOdwG$...
    >>>> That's where I have it installed and running.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Joe Schmoe wrote:
    >>>>> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:...
    >>>>>> You left out the exciting part:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Feature List:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> * Windows 2008 Support : Java 6 Update 12 will now support
    >>>>>> Windows 2008.
    >>>>>> * 64-bit Java Plug-In (4802695): Java Plug-In now supports
    >>>>>> 64-bit browsers.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> roman modic wrote:
    >>>>>>> Hello!
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Early access: https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4802695
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Cheers, Roman
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> is this release ok fro vista ultimate 64x?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> thanx
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> i see this is the runtime environment...not the plugin, or am i mis
    >>> reading it?

    >
    > thank you for the clarifcation... didn't read it as such
     
    Bobby Johnson, Jan 12, 2009
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Fernando Kohan

    JAVA VIRTUAL MUCHINE OR SUN JAVA

    Fernando Kohan, Nov 13, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,011
    Clark
    Nov 14, 2004
  2. dakine

    MS Java or Sun Java???

    dakine, Jul 20, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    1,494
  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Sun Java x64 support

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    459
    Colin Nowell
    Sep 20, 2005
  4. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,419
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Sun Java beta 3 for IE x64 is out

    Carlos, Dec 26, 2008, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    609
    Carlos
    Dec 28, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page