    middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive pick-up.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    impossible, Jun 25, 2009

  2. impossible

    peterwn Guest

    On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    > acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains embarassingly
    > low. But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    > middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    > sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive pick-up.
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    $centric summary.

    Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    peterwn, Jun 25, 2009

  3. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    >> acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains
    >> embarassingly
    >> low. But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    >> middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    >> sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive
    >> pick-up.
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    > I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    > $centric summary.

    By all means, read the link directly and you'll find that the $centric
    summary comes from RedHat's CEO. This is what company's do in preparation
    for a takeover -- they hype the $centric value of their assets. What would
    you prefer? Some ideological diatribe?

    > Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    Thanks to sales of its proprietary JBoss software, not Linux, RedHat has
    managed to meet its own lowball profit expectations. Is that what you mean?

    impossible, Jun 26, 2009
  4. impossible

    AD. Guest

    On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    > acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains embarassingly
    > low.

    Why do you find it embarrassing? I wouldn't have picked you as a
    RedHat customer, otherwise why would you care?

    Or is it embarrassing because in comparison your vendors make far more
    money off you?

    I'm not sure why anyone would get all excited online about how much
    excess money their suppliers are making compared to others. Unless of
    course they are shareholders and have some other goal in mind...

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Jun 26, 2009
  5. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "AD." <> wrote in message
    On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:

    >> Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    >> acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains
    >> embarassingly
    >> low.

    > Why do you find it embarrassing?

    Because from an investment standpoint, US$18.5 million in quarterly net
    income is simply pathetic. The only saving grace for RedHat is that that
    they set the performance benchmark for themselves so low that no one can
    complain they weren't warned.

    >> But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    >> middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    >> sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive
    >> pick-up.
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/
    >>

    > I wouldn't have picked you as a
    > RedHat customer, otherwise why would you care?

    RedHat's customers couldn't care less about the company's investment
    potential. I do. And you?

    > Or is it embarrassing because in comparison your vendors make far more
    > money off you?
    >
    > I'm not sure why anyone would get all excited online about how much
    > excess money their suppliers are making compared to others. Unless of
    > course they are shareholders and have some other goal in mind...

    If they're delivering good value, I expect my vendors to make money. That
    makes them reliable suppliers, and that helps me grow my business. RedHat, I
    presume, gets paid what their products/services are worth. But with net
    income that low, you really have to wonder about the business model.

    impossible, Jun 26, 2009
  6. impossible

    thingy Guest

    On Jun 26, 8:08 am, peterwn <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    > > acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains embarassingly
    > > low. But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    > > middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    > > sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive pick-up.

    > >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    > I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    > $centric summary.
    >
    > Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    I would assume no one ever listens to impossible....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 26, 2009
  7. impossible

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-06-26, thingy <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 8:08 am, peterwn <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    >> > acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains embarassingly
    >> > low. But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    >> > middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    >> > sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive pick-up.

    >> >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    >> I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    >> $centric summary.
    >>
    >> Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    > I would assume no one ever listens to impossible....

    Troll award for the month is still unclaimed, so lets give it to impossible.

    Gordon, Jun 26, 2009
  8. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 26, 8:08 am, peterwn <> wrote:
    > On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    >>> acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains
    >>> embarassingly
    >>> low. But that's Linux for you. Still, sales of Red Hat's proprietary
    >>> middleware product, JBoss Enterprise, have been running far ahead of os
    >>> sales for some time, and that could make the company an attractive
    >>> pick-up.

    >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/25/redhat_fq12010_numbers/

    >> I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    >> $centric summary.
    >>
    >> Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    > I would assume no one ever listens to impossible....

    I would assume you have no argument to refute a thing-thingy-thing2 I've
    said.

    impossible, Jun 26, 2009
  9. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-06-26, thingy <> wrote:

    >>> I suggest people read the link directly and not rely on Impossible's M
    >>> $centric summary.
    >>>
    >>> Red Hat is doing very well thank you.

    >> I would assume no one ever listens to impossible....
    >>

    > Troll award for the month is still unclaimed, so lets give it to
    > impossible.

    Ms Penguin is afraid of a little discussion?

    impossible, Jun 26, 2009
  10. impossible

    eyes Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 26, 2:31 am, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Looks like Red Hat could soon go the way of Sun -- just another cheap
    >>> acquisition. Net income (US$18.5 million last quarter) remains
    >>> embarassingly
    >>> low.

    >> Why do you find it embarrassing?

    > Because from an investment standpoint, US$18.5 million in quarterly net
    > income is simply pathetic. The only saving grace for RedHat is that that
    > they set the performance benchmark for themselves so low that no one can
    > complain they weren't warned.

    You definitely should invest your money elsewhere.. Perhaps in any of
    the Big American Car Companies? Or something equally to-big-to-fail?

    eyes, Jun 26, 2009
  11. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "eyes" <> wrote in message news:h221ph$1ik$...
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "AD." <> wrote in message

    >>> Why do you find it embarrassing?

    >> Because from an investment standpoint, US$18.5 million in quarterly net
    >> income is simply pathetic. The only saving grace for RedHat is that that
    >> they set the performance benchmark for themselves so low that no one can
    >> complain they weren't warned.
    >>

    > You definitely should invest your money elsewhere.. Perhaps in any of the
    > Big American Car Companies? Or something equally to-big-to-fail?

    Oh, right, I forgot....freetards have no money of their own to invest, so
    you can say any dumb thing you want.

    impossible, Jun 27, 2009
  12. impossible

    Biggles Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:15:03 +0000, impossible wrote:

    >>> I would assume no one ever listens to impossible....
    >>>

    >> Troll award for the month is still unclaimed, so lets give it to
    >> impossible.

    > Ms Penguin is afraid of a little discussion?

    Lmaoooooo

    Biggles

    Biggles, Jun 28, 2009