Summary Page Events folder under custom views in Event Viewer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Joe Schmoe, Feb 14, 2009.

  1. Joe Schmoe

    Joe Schmoe Guest

    hi all,

    vista ultimate here on i7 940 with 6gbs ram.

    looking thru event viewer as the recent switch from xp to vista has got me
    probing the OS more and more and liking it too.

    but i in my trying to clear event log under "custom views" there is a folder
    for "Adminstrative Events" and below that is 1 more folder "Summary Page
    Events" which had many event id 10's in it. a googgle showed this
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB950375 which is the exact error so i ran
    script ms kb has on the page which seems to have stopped the error or
    stopped it from being logged at least.

    the problem is in my trying to clear "Summary Page Events" folder i ended up
    deleting the folder.

    i would love to recreate the Summary Event Folder or somehow copy it from
    vista ultimate disc (running sfc found nothing )

    any help appreciated.

    j.s.
    Joe Schmoe, Feb 14, 2009