    routing table with EIGRP?

    greetz
    dennis

    dennis, Jan 20, 2008

  2. dennis

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Jan 20, 2008

  3. dennis

    Greg Guest

    I do this all of time. Create multiple VLANs behind a /16 boundary.
    Here is an example.

    int vlan 10
    ip address 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0
    !
    int vlan 11
    ip address 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0
    !
    int vlan 12
    ip address 10.1.3.0 255.255.255.0
    !
    int vlan 10
    ip address 10.1.4.0 255.255.255.0
    !
    int vlan 10
    ip address 10.1.5.0 255.255.255.0

    router eigrp 100
    no auto-summ
    network 10.0.0.0
    !
    Then on the egress interface you want to send a summary route.
    ip summary-route eigrp 100 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0. This is a great
    method to trim the size of your routing tables, it also keeps
    reconvergence to a minimum.

    Greg, Jan 22, 2008
  4. dennis

    Merv Guest

    Also the OP should ensure the EIGRP stub routing feature is
    implemeneted on all access routers to reduce the EIGRP query boundary

    Merv, Jan 22, 2008