sumgmug comments and HO

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Cooze, May 1, 2006.

  1. Robert Cooze

    Robert Cooze Guest

    To get the record correct from the beginning I live in New Zealand an
    Island on the other side of the Pacific Ocean in relation to USA. As a
    Hobbyist i do some Wedding Photography, for a few $$$ and it is a win
    win. some of my bride and grooms have allowed me to put some of there
    memory's up on my site.

    I have been reading this group for the last month or so & I have seen
    SumgMug the site come up more than a few times. It looks like SumgMug
    will do the things I want to do If I lived in the USA. Yes I will be
    contacting them some time soon. but I would like some comment. Last time
    I looked at Flickr they do not do what I want at all.

    I would like to get into the on line sails part.
    I would be incorporating there part of my site into my own.
    I would like to use there site to store the images for my site.
    I like to pay for good service.

    How well do SumgMug works with people buying photos from other
    country's? It from my point make going to an event to take photos a very
    easy option just give em the web address. Or I could spend more money
    with my hosting company and do the whole form thing and get stuff
    processed locally for the local consumption.
    --
    http://cooze.co.nz home of the RetroPhotography aka Robert Cooze

    Robert Cooze, May 1, 2006

  2. In article <>, Robert Cooze
    <> wrote:

    I've been a smugmug user for years, although I have never used it to
    sell photos.

    > I would like to get into the on line sails part.

    I understand you to mean that you want online sales to be a part of
    your planned use for SmugMug. Their 'pro' account allows for this:
    http://www.smugmug.com/pro/

    Smugmug allows considerable customization; you might want to follow
    their links to pro sites and take a look. I'd also suggest contacting
    people with pro accounts directly to ask about their experience. I live
    in the US, so I have no idea how they handle sales to your customers
    outside the US. This would be my major concern, were I in your shoes.

    > I would be incorporating there part of my site into my own.

    I'm not sure what you mean by this. My assumption is that you will host
    your photos on Smugmug and display them on your site; for sales, you
    will offer a link to the appropriate page on Smugmug? You can set up a
    gallery for each customer, password protect it, and provide them the
    password. They will not have to register to see their photos, and they
    can order on site. I believe this will incorporate well into your site,
    but I have no experience with that.

    > I would like to use there site to store the images for my site.

    See their page at
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing

    The page seems to suggest that you may use smugmug to store images for
    display on your site. I suggest that you read the terms of service.

    > I like to pay for good service.

    I have had good service from them, and they promptly respond to my
    inquiries. My concern is sales to 'overseas' customers; if they provide
    that service promptly, I recommend them.

    Phil Stripling, May 1, 2006

  3. Robert Cooze

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Phil Stripling wrote:
    > In article <>, Robert Cooze
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > I've been a smugmug user for years, although I have never used it to
    > sell photos.
    >
    >> I would like to get into the on line sails part.

    > I understand you to mean that you want online sales to be a part of
    > your planned use for SmugMug. Their 'pro' account allows for this:
    > http://www.smugmug.com/pro/

    Yes I was looking at that part of the site

    > Smugmug allows considerable customization; you might want to follow
    > their links to pro sites and take a look. I'd also suggest contacting
    > people with pro accounts directly to ask about their experience. I live
    > in the US, so I have no idea how they handle sales to your customers
    > outside the US. This would be my major concern, were I in your shoes.

    Looking for feed back from people out side of the USA... but my site
    gets around 200 visits from the States already.

    >> I would be incorporating there part of my site into my own.

    > I'm not sure what you mean by this. My assumption is that you will host
    > your photos on Smugmug and display them on your site; for sales, you
    > will offer a link to the appropriate page on Smugmug? You can set up a
    > gallery for each customer, password protect it, and provide them the
    > password. They will not have to register to see their photos, and they
    > can order on site. I believe this will incorporate well into your site,
    > but I have no experience with that.

    Something like that there will be smugmug pages using a sub domain of
    mine and It looks like I can make the sumgmug pages look like mine.

    >> I would like to use there site to store the images for my site.

    > See their page at
    > http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing
    >
    > The page seems to suggest that you may use smugmug to store images for
    > display on your site. I suggest that you read the terms of service.
    >
    >> I like to pay for good service.

    > I have had good service from them, and they promptly respond to my
    > inquiries. My concern is sales to 'overseas' customers; if they provide
    > that service promptly, I recommend them.

    Sound good so far I will be contacting them some time this month.

    Robert Cooze, May 2, 2006