    I've been asked to promptly locate and purchase a second-hand laptop
    for around $1000-$1100. Can anyone suggest a suitable retailer in the
    Auckland area?

    Chris, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Chris

    geoffm Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:01:10 +1300, Chris <> wrote:

    >I've been asked to promptly locate and purchase a second-hand laptop
    >for around $1000-$1100. Can anyone suggest a suitable retailer in the
    >Auckland area?

    Just a thought - you are getting up into the area of budget new ones,
    with better specs than used, and a guarantee. I have seen new laptops
    in the T&E for around that mark.
    There is a place on Barrys Pt road that sells ex lease P700s for
    around $1k.
    Geoff

    geoffm, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    On 16 Dec 2003 11:12:18 -0600, geoffm
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:01:10 +1300, Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been asked to promptly locate and purchase a second-hand laptop
    >>for around $1000-$1100. Can anyone suggest a suitable retailer in the
    >>Auckland area?

    > Just a thought - you are getting up into the area of budget new ones,
    >with better specs than used, and a guarantee. I have seen new laptops
    >in the T&E for around that mark.
    > There is a place on Barrys Pt road that sells ex lease P700s for
    >around $1k.
    >Geoff

    Thanks Geoff, I'll get a T&E on the way to work this morning and let
    you know how I get on. It's very streess-free shopping for a PC with
    someone elses money!
    Chris

    Chris, Dec 16, 2003