    NOT earthlink...
    Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    $20/month.

    Robert Baer, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Robert Baer

    Pepperoni Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > NOT earthlink...
    > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > $20/month.

    Where are you?
    See if Provide.net has service in your area. I had very reliable dial up
    with them before switching to cable. (they had a hook up only 4 miles away)
    Their web space contains no pop ups or ads of any kind.

    www.provide.net

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Robert Baer

    Pepperoni Guest

    sorry, for non binary newsgroups, sign up with
    http://news.individual.net/
    I don't think Provide.net handles newsgroups

    Pepperoni, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Robert Baer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in news:4086157F.2D3696A0
    @earthlink.net:

    > NOT earthlink...
    > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > $20/month.

    In the south jersey/philadelphia/delaware area, you could sign up with
    snip.net

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Robert Baer

    Chet Guest

    The way prices are going with competition, you might be able to get Cable or
    DSL for cheap. In my area, by signing up for cable TV on a one year
    commitment I get cable broadband for an additional $19/month.

    Chet, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Where are you located at?

    Shane

    Shane Metzler, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Robert Baer

    TomH Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message news:...
    > NOT earthlink...
    > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > $20/month.

    If you just want a no frills ISP. You can go with access4less.net for
    5.95 a month. I've had it for 2 years with very few problems. The only
    problem I ever have is that sometimes during peak hours, I can't log on
    to the news server But for 5.95 I'll put up with that. Service is free
    by email and 5.00 a call. I've used their email service a couple times and
    always got a reply within 24 hours.

    TomH, Apr 21, 2004
  8. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Pepperoni wrote:

    > sorry, for non binary newsgroups, sign up with
    > http://news.individual.net/
    > I don't think Provide.net handles newsgroups
    >
    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > > NOT earthlink...
    > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > $20/month.

    Thanks for those suggeations; the http://news.individual.net/ looks
    like it will support all i need, making Provide.net a potentially
    acceptable candidate.
    Thank you again.

    Robert Baer, Apr 22, 2004
  9. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > Robert Baer <> wrote in news:4086157F.2D3696A0
    > @earthlink.net:
    >
    > > NOT earthlink...
    > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > $20/month.

    > In the south jersey/philadelphia/delaware area, you could sign up with
    > snip.net
    >
    > --
    > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    Any phone numbers in Oregon?

    Robert Baer, Apr 22, 2004
  10. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Chet wrote:

    > The way prices are going with competition, you might be able to get Cable or
    > DSL for cheap. In my area, by signing up for cable TV on a one year
    > commitment I get cable broadband for an additional $19/month.
    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > > NOT earthlink...
    > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > $20/month.

    DSL is not possible her, nevermind that there are a fair number of
    millionaires here in Lake Oswego OR.

    Robert Baer, Apr 22, 2004
  11. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Shane Metzler wrote:

    > Where are you located at?
    >
    > Shane
    >
    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > > NOT earthlink...
    > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > $20/month.

    Lake Oswego OR.

    Robert Baer, Apr 22, 2004
  12. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    TomH wrote:

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > NOT earthlink...
    > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > $20/month.

    > If you just want a no frills ISP. You can go with access4less.net for
    > 5.95 a month. I've had it for 2 years with very few problems. The only
    > problem I ever have is that sometimes during peak hours, I can't log on
    > to the news server But for 5.95 I'll put up with that. Service is free
    > by email and 5.00 a call. I've used their email service a couple times and
    > always got a reply within 24 hours.

    OOoooohh! I like the price!
    Do they support NGs?

    Robert Baer, Apr 22, 2004
  13. Robert Baer

    TomH Guest

    > > > NOT earthlink...
    > > > Preferably a reliable ISP that also handles newsgroups, and under
    > > > $20/month.

    > > If you just want a no frills ISP. You can go with access4less.net for
    > > 5.95 a month. I've had it for 2 years with very few problems. The only
    > > problem I ever have is that sometimes during peak hours, I can't log on
    > > to the news server But for 5.95 I'll put up with that. Service is free
    > > by email and 5.00 a call. I've used their email service a couple times and
    > > always got a reply within 24 hours.

    > OOoooohh! I like the price!
    > Do they support NGs?

    Yup, and for 3 dollars more a month you can get the accelerated
    connections, like AOL and others are advertising.

    TomH, Apr 22, 2004
  14. Robert Baer

    TomH Guest

    TomH, Apr 22, 2004
  15. Robert Baer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in

    > Any phone numbers in Oregon?

    Nope, as I said, south jersey, south eastern PA, and delaware.

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 22, 2004
  16. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    TomH wrote:

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > TomH wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message

    > > > If you just want a no frills ISP. You can go with access4less.net for
    > > > 5.95 a month. I've had it for 2 years with very few problems. The only
    > > > problem I ever have is that sometimes during peak hours, I can't log on
    > > > to the news server But for 5.95 I'll put up with that. Service is free
    > > > by email and 5.00 a call. I've used their email service a couple times and
    > > > always got a reply within 24 hours.

    > > OOoooohh! I like the price!
    > > Do they support NGs?

    > Yup, and for 3 dollars more a month you can get the accelerated
    > connections, like AOL and others are advertising.

    I noticed that enhancement - and the total cost is still very good!!
    Thanks.

    Robert Baer, Apr 23, 2004
  17. Robert Baer

    olfart Guest

    > > Yup, and for 3 dollars more a month you can get the accelerated
    > > connections, like AOL and others are advertising.

    > I noticed that enhancement - and the total cost is still very good!!
    > Thanks.

    It also supports V.92
    To get around the slow news server problem I use News.Individual.Net instead
    of their news server. It's free to-just requires registration and a valid
    eMail addy( use a hotmail acct to keep spam out of your main email server)

    olfart, Apr 23, 2004