Suggestions for cable modem/router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tony Linguini, Jun 13, 2007.

  1. Need a Vista 32bit (prefer certified) or compatible cable modem/wireless
    router. Any suggestions? Experiences? Thank you.

    Tony Linguini, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Tony Linguini

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Hi
    Make sure that you buy separate units. I.e. a stand alone Modem and a
    Wireless Cable/DSL Router, do not buy a Combo one unit device.
    Any Cable Modem that is on the list (or meet the specs.) of your ISP would
    be OK, there is No real performance differences between the available
    devices.
    As for Wireless Router, given the current condition of the market I would
    stick to devices that are within recognized standard.
    My current favorite is this, http://www.ezlan.net/buffalo.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 13, 2007