    blogging wizard but I do not like the way it is setup.

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Lee

    lucky33, Apr 8, 2008

  2. lucky33

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:48:08 -0700 (PDT), lucky33 wrote:

    >I am interested in placing a blog on my website. Can anybody suggest a
    >good blogging program? I have looked into wordpress but I am not sure
    >it will work with my host (doteasy.com). I know that dot easy offers a

    So is your host Win/SQL or Apache/PHP based or what? The OS and
    available packages may make a suggestion easier.

    Can't answer even if I knew, but it may help others.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Apr 8, 2008

  3. lucky33

    Arawak Guest

    IMHO, the 3 best FREE programs for Blogging are:
    1) WordPress (www.WordPress.org)
    2) MovableType (www.movabletype.org)
    Google's Blogger (google it).
    Arawak

    On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 20:15:16 GMT, why?

    Arawak, Apr 12, 2008
  4. On 2008-04-12, Arawak <> wrote:
    > IMHO, the 3 best FREE programs for Blogging are:
    > 1) WordPress (www.WordPress.org)
    > 2) MovableType (www.movabletype.org)

    WordPress (on linux anyway) seems to be easier to install than
    MovableType, especially since the information about it being available
    via apt isn't true for Ubuntu, that I can see. Anyway, give Wordpress
    a try. If you are on Linux, here's a page that tells you how to do it
    from step 1

    http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Detailed_Instructions

    --
    You may worry about your hair-do today, but tomorrow much peanut butter will
    be sold.

    I_Am_The_Walrus, Apr 13, 2008