Suggestions chipsets: Layer 2 & 3 ethernet switch - industrial temp

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Jeff G., Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Jeff G.

    Jeff G. Guest

    Oh great and wise gurus of the DARPA net.....

    I seek suggestions for ethernet switch chipsets....

    They must be available in industrial temperature.

    Layer 2 Ethernet Switches (Some management - VLAN's are a plus)
    -and-
    Layer 3 Ethernet Switches

    They must have a minimum of 5 ports but no more than 16 (unless the power
    dispation is very low).

    Integrated PHY's would be nice but are not a requirement.

    I know about Broadcom and Marvell. Is there anybody else???

    Suggestions? Opinons? Rants? Flames?

    Anybody out there have a clue?

    (..... and yes - I hate spam - so I use disposable email addresses)

    Jeff G.

    Jeff G., Feb 9, 2004

  2. Jeff G.

    pierre Guest

    Vitesse (low cost, incl. L3, up to 24 ports), Micrel (low cost), Switchcore
    (advanced, up to 28 ports), all info taken from respective website. if they
    are available in ind range I do not know, but normally they don't.
    /Pierre

    pierre, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Jeff G.

    Guest