Suggestion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Howland, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Paul Howland

    Paul Howland Guest

    Tempting as it is to respond to Preddy's rantings - especially due to
    the concern of his nonsensical advice misleading newcomers - can I
    suggest that by far the better way to deal with him is to create a rule
    in Outlook to simply filter out any messages from him (or one of his
    several aliases). If everyone could do that, then the noise level on
    this group would decrease dramatically, and hopefully Preddy would get
    bored and find somewhere else to troll. I filtered him out some weeks
    ago and it's wonderful. Trouble is, I still see everyone's replies to him.

    Filter him out, don't reply to him!! You know it makes sense :)
    Paul Howland, Jun 13, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Paul Howland wrote:

    > Tempting as it is to respond to Preddy's rantings - especially due to
    > the concern of his nonsensical advice misleading newcomers - can I
    > suggest that by far the better way to deal with him is to create a rule
    > in Outlook to simply filter out any messages from him (or one of his
    > several aliases). If everyone could do that, then the noise level on
    > this group would decrease dramatically, and hopefully Preddy would get
    > bored and find somewhere else to troll. I filtered him out some weeks
    > ago and it's wonderful. Trouble is, I still see everyone's replies to him.
    >
    > Filter him out, don't reply to him!! You know it makes sense :)


    Paul-

    If you set a filter on [GP] you'll filter out all my warnings and those
    who reply to them.

    Agreed that regulars don't need any more noise around this, but there
    have to be some way to lessen it.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 13, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Paul Howland

    Paul Howland Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > Paul-
    >
    > If you set a filter on [GP] you'll filter out all my warnings and those
    > who reply to them.
    >
    > Agreed that regulars don't need any more noise around this, but there
    > have to be some way to lessen it.
    >


    Although I appreciate your intentions John, I think it would be far
    better to simply filter out Preddy and be done with it. Don't feed the
    trolls as they say. He thrives on the attention he causes. Deny him
    the attention and he'll bugger off with luck.
    Paul Howland, Jun 13, 2004
    #3

  4. > Although I appreciate your intentions John, I think it would be far
    > better to simply filter out Preddy and be done with it. Don't feed the
    > trolls as they say. He thrives on the attention he causes. Deny him
    > the attention and he'll bugger off with luck.


    Paul, I agree with you. However, the following is a cut and paste from a
    recent reply to a post from a newcomer:

    "Jeff, you should consider returning the Rebel if you are still able
    to. For a bit more money, you can double your resolution, increase
    color accuracy, and own the best Pro digital camera in production
    today, the Sigma SD10. If you are impressed with the quality of the
    Canon, then you aint seen nothin' yet.

    Do a little research on the Foveon sensor and how it is the only
    sensor capable of recording true colors. Canon cameras are equipped
    with inferior CMOS sensors which record pixels as monochrome
    initially, and then guess the colors after the shot has been taken.
    This leads to inaccurate colors, and unpleasant artifacts.

    Give it a thought.

    Hope this helps.

    -Orville"

    GP and other incarnations never miss the chance to mislead others;
    especially if they show any signs of being neophytes. Should they be
    informed as to what is happening here? What do you think?
    Charles Schuler, Jun 13, 2004
    #4
  5. Paul Howland <> wrote in message news:<40cbe737$0$127$>...
    > Tempting as it is to respond to Preddy's rantings - especially due to
    > the concern of his nonsensical advice misleading newcomers - can I
    > suggest that by far the better way to deal with him is to create a rule
    > in Outlook to simply filter out any messages from him (or one of his
    > several aliases). If everyone could do that, then the noise level on
    > this group would decrease dramatically, and hopefully Preddy would get
    > bored and find somewhere else to troll. I filtered him out some weeks
    > ago and it's wonderful. Trouble is, I still see everyone's replies to him.
    >
    > Filter him out, don't reply to him!! You know it makes sense :)


    Noise.
    George Preddy, Jun 13, 2004
    #5
  6. Paul Howland <> wrote in message news:<40cc3026$0$1752$>...
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    > > Paul-
    > >
    > > If you set a filter on [GP] you'll filter out all my warnings and those
    > > who reply to them.
    > >
    > > Agreed that regulars don't need any more noise around this, but there
    > > have to be some way to lessen it.
    > >

    >
    > Although I appreciate your intentions John, I think it would be far
    > better to simply filter out Preddy and be done with it. Don't feed the
    > trolls as they say. He thrives on the attention he causes. Deny him
    > the attention and he'll bugger off with luck.


    All this over silly old me? Why not respond with some facts instead
    of this noise? Because Bayer is no good full size, that's why.
    George Preddy, Jun 13, 2004
    #6
  7. Paul Howland

    Guest

    On 13 Jun 2004 11:26:08 -0700, (George Preddy)
    wrote:

    >Paul Howland <> wrote in message news:<40cbe737$0$127$>...
    >> Tempting as it is to respond to Preddy's rantings - especially due to
    >> the concern of his nonsensical advice misleading newcomers - can I
    >> suggest that by far the better way to deal with him is to create a rule
    >> in Outlook to simply filter out any messages from him (or one of his
    >> several aliases). If everyone could do that, then the noise level on
    >> this group would decrease dramatically, and hopefully Preddy would get
    >> bored and find somewhere else to troll. I filtered him out some weeks
    >> ago and it's wonderful. Trouble is, I still see everyone's replies to him.
    >>
    >> Filter him out, don't reply to him!! You know it makes sense :)

    >
    >Noise.

    All you know how to do is make noise gp, lets seethe pics
    , Jun 13, 2004
    #7
  8. Paul Howland

    Guest

    In message <>,
    (George Preddy) wrote:

    >All this over silly old me? Why not respond with some facts instead
    >of this noise? Because Bayer is no good full size, that's why.


    Here's a fact; this is a crop from 10D original pixels:

    http://www.pbase.com/image/28980485/original

    The top is the original pixels. The bottom is the same image, reduced
    to 50% with "bicubic", and then brought back to size with a 200% upsize,
    and sharpened at the same time as the top (after they were stitched
    together). If any of what you say about Bayer and interpolation were
    true, both halves should look roughly the same. It is pretty obvious
    that the top image has unique information for each pixel, and is truly
    worthy of 6.29MP for the full frame.

    The 10D is a 6.29MP camera. Give it up.

    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jun 14, 2004
    #8
  9. Paul Howland

    Crownfield Guest

    George Preddy wrote:
    >
    > Paul Howland <> wrote in message news:<40cc3026$0$1752$>...
    > > John McWilliams wrote:
    > >
    > > > Paul-
    > > >
    > > > If you set a filter on [GP] you'll filter out all my warnings and those
    > > > who reply to them.
    > > >
    > > > Agreed that regulars don't need any more noise around this, but there
    > > > have to be some way to lessen it.
    > > >

    > >
    > > Although I appreciate your intentions John, I think it would be far
    > > better to simply filter out Preddy and be done with it. Don't feed the
    > > trolls as they say. He thrives on the attention he causes. Deny him
    > > the attention and he'll bugger off with luck.

    >
    > All this over silly old me? Why not respond with some facts instead
    > of this noise? Because Bayer is no good full size, that's why.


    and yet far better than any picture
    you ever took with a sigma camera.
    Crownfield, Jun 14, 2004
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?UyBMYW5l?=

    Wireless Access Point Suggestion

    =?Utf-8?B?UyBMYW5l?=, Jun 24, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    410
  2. Caffeine Junkie

    Re: Suggestion for Cache flush in Moz

    Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    491
    dantu
    Jan 20, 2004
  3. me
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    578
  4. Hallvard Tangeraas
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    481
    Justin
    Jan 12, 2005
  5. Charles
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    583
    Leonidas Jones
    Mar 12, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page