    nothing about or are things they never covered in the material.

    So I need to know if I should be taking/studying for the XP test first?? I
    need some suggestions.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9ja2V0ejIx?=, Sep 13, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cm9ja2V0ejIx?=

    John R Guest

    "rocketz21" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need some suggestions for an exam path. I was going to take the 290,
    >291,
    > then the XP (270) course to start with.
    >
    > I have been studying with some cd materials and found on the 290 they
    > hardly
    > cover IIS at all and the practice exams list several questions I know
    > nothing about or are things they never covered in the material.
    >
    > So I need to know if I should be taking/studying for the XP test first??
    > need some suggestions.

    I think you'll find that no single source is going to prepare you 100% for
    any exam. Experience is the best teacher. After that, I like the MS Press
    books as they seem to do a good job for me. Others here have different
    opinions.

    As to the course path, there is no 'suggested' path. Personally, I took 270
    before any of the 29x series simply because I had just completed MCDST and
    was already 'up' on XP. But it is really what you are comfortable with at
    the time.

    John R

    John R, Sep 13, 2007

  3. Thanks for the help. I am more comfortable with the server right now, i've
    been practicing on virtual pc and doing things at my work as well. I do have
    a book I used for my college course a year ago that does supplement the
    material.

    I rather save the book for the 291 course as I hear that is the hardest. I
    agree I can never know everything or no material I look at will tell me
    everything.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9ja2V0ejIx?=, Sep 13, 2007