    Greg need not bother replying.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    Ben Perston Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Outlook Express is currently serving its purpose quite nicely, but I
    > wouldn't mind an update. Can anyone reccomend a mail and news (combined)
    > client for Windows that will let me migrate from OE email folders? Or
    > failing that, at least one that will let me import from something like a CSV
    > file (So I can use my own program to dump my folders, export to CSV and then
    > import in the new news/mail client).
    >
    > Greg need not bother replying.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    You might like Mozilla's Mail and News... it can import from OE, at any
    rate (or so it claims). You'll probably find it appallingly slow and
    clunky though... Thenderbird should be very nice indeed when it's
    released, if it's anything like Firebird (such silly names).

    Ben Perston, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Nicholas Sherlock

    Max Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:33:54 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey guys,
    >
    >Outlook Express is currently serving its purpose quite nicely, but I
    >wouldn't mind an update. Can anyone reccomend a mail and news (combined)
    >client for Windows that will let me migrate from OE email folders? Or
    >failing that, at least one that will let me import from something like a CSV
    >file (So I can use my own program to dump my folders, export to CSV and then
    >import in the new news/mail client).
    >
    >Greg need not bother replying.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nicholas Sherlock

    Outlook? I am quite surprised that microsoft haven't updated it for a
    while, although it isn't a bad system.

    Max, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Nicholas Sherlock

    Ben Perston Guest

    Max wrote:

    > Outlook? I am quite surprised that microsoft haven't updated it for a
    > while, although it isn't a bad system.

    I thought it didn't do news...

    Ben Perston, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Nicholas Sherlock

    Rob Guest

    "Ben Perston" <> wrote in message
    > Max wrote:
    >
    > > Outlook? I am quite surprised that microsoft haven't updated it for a
    > > while, although it isn't a bad system.

    > I thought it didn't do news...

    Slight thread drift? or slight case of mis-reading?

    Started off as outlook express

    and no, outlook doesn't do news. By default it uses oe as newsreader.
    Rob.

    Rob, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Nicholas Sherlock

    Allistar Guest

    Ben Perston wrote:

    > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    >> Hey guys,
    >>
    >> Outlook Express is currently serving its purpose quite nicely, but I
    >> wouldn't mind an update. Can anyone reccomend a mail and news (combined)
    >> client for Windows that will let me migrate from OE email folders? Or
    >> failing that, at least one that will let me import from something like a
    >> CSV file (So I can use my own program to dump my folders, export to CSV
    >> and then import in the new news/mail client).
    >>
    >> Greg need not bother replying.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Nicholas Sherlock

    > You might like Mozilla's Mail and News... it can import from OE, at any
    > rate (or so it claims). You'll probably find it appallingly slow and
    > clunky though... Thenderbird should be very nice indeed when it's
    > released, if it's anything like Firebird (such silly names).

    I use Mozilla (on Linux) and used to use it on Windows up 'til last week
    (no, didn't change Mozilla - stopped using Windows). It can import mail
    folders from Outlook, not sure about OE though. I like it and recommend it
    to people who ask.

    Regards,
    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 6, 2003
  7. "Ben Perston" <> wrote in message
    > Max wrote:
    >
    > > Outlook? I am quite surprised that microsoft haven't updated it for a
    > > while, although it isn't a bad system.

    > I thought it didn't do news...

    Outlook Express (What I was talking about) does :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Nicholas Sherlock

    Ben Perston Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > "Ben Perston" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Max wrote:
    >>

    >>>Outlook? I am quite surprised that microsoft haven't updated it for a
    >>>while, although it isn't a bad system.

    >>I thought it didn't do news...
    >>

    > Outlook Express (What I was talking about) does :).
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Correct... but is that what Max was talking about? :)

    Ben Perston, Aug 7, 2003