    Dave Guest

    Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    users?
    Dave, Sep 21, 2008

  2. Dave

    Iapetus Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    > users?

    For a start you should subscribe to a proper Usenet news server, more
    and more people are blocking Google posters.

    Here are two free ones.

    http://www.aioe.org/
    http://motzarella.org/

    When you do there will be a list of Photoshop groups you could try.
    Iapetus, Sep 21, 2008

  3. Dave

    chuckcar Guest

    Dave <> wrote in

    > Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    > users?

    Did you try searching usenet groups (*not* google, it's junk) for
    "photoshop"?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 21, 2008
  4. Dave

    thanatoid Guest

    Bill <> wrote in

    > In article <a8693da9-1fb4-40b5-9d87-69ef1b594e48
    > @o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
    > says...
    >> Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate
    >> Photoshop users?
    >>

    > I counted around 30 Usenet groups with 'photoshop' in
    > their name.
    > None of those work for you?
    >
    > Lurking a bit, or using google to check previous posts
    > should tell
    > you if any particular group meets your critereia.
    >
    > Bill

    Nothing, however, will cure mental deficiency. I bet he had to
    look up "criteria".

    --
    Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the
    votes decide everything.
    thanatoid, Sep 21, 2008
  5. Dave

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Dave <> wrote in
    >
    >> Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    >> users?

    >Did you try searching usenet groups (*not* google, it's junk) for
    >"photoshop"?

    The OP is posting from Google, so loser how do you suggest he search
    the usenet groups?

    OP: google photoshop newsgroup, also Photoshop has tutorials included
    that are very good, you might need to search the Photoshop folders for
    them but they are worth working with.

    --

    Large picture of two shuttles ready for lift off.
    http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/images/large/08pd2726.jpg
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Sep 21, 10:06 am, Dave <> wrote:
    > Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    > users?

    I think the suggestion about the Photoshop tutorials was the most
    helpful.
    Dave, Sep 22, 2008
  7. Dave

    Plato Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    > users?

    22pixels.com

    only if you want the best...
    Plato, Sep 22, 2008
  8. Dave

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Dave <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    >>> users?

    >>Did you try searching usenet groups (*not* google, it's junk) for
    >>"photoshop"?

    > The OP is posting from Google, so loser how do you suggest he search
    > the usenet groups?

    By *using* usenet and stop using google except for article search.

    > OP: google photoshop newsgroup, also Photoshop has tutorials included
    > that are very good, you might need to search the Photoshop folders for
    > them but they are worth working with.

    *directories*, they're called directories. Usenet is meant to be used with
    a usenet client *not* google. Promoting any other method is pointless.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 23, 2008
  9. Dave

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> OP: google photoshop newsgroup, also Photoshop has tutorials included
    >> that are very good, you might need to search the Photoshop folders for
    >> them but they are worth working with.

    >*directories*, they're called directories. Usenet is meant to be used with
    >a usenet client *not* google. Promoting any other method is pointless.

    I remember a post you made saying Unix uses Folders while Windows
    users refer to them as directories, now your demanding a name for them
    and you who make yourself out to be a big Unix fan, has decided that
    directories should be the official name. - hahaha...

    Two points here.

    >Usenet is meant to be used with
    >a usenet client *not* google. Promoting any other method is pointless.

    You convert the user then.

    --

    Fallen art
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HMz1WKkso
  10. Dave

    Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Dave wrote:
    >>
    >> Can someone suggest a Usenet group for new / intermediate Photoshop
    >> users?

    >22pixels.com
    >
    >only if you want the best...

    It's his son's site :)

    --

    Fallen art
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HMz1WKkso
    , Sep 23, 2008
  11. Dave

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>> OP: google photoshop newsgroup, also Photoshop has tutorials included
    >>> that are very good, you might need to search the Photoshop folders for
    >>> them but they are worth working with.

    >>*directories*, they're called directories. Usenet is meant to be used
    >>with a usenet client *not* google. Promoting any other method is
    >>pointless.

    > I remember a post you made saying Unix uses Folders while Windows
    > users refer to them as directories,

    And you reverse what I said so you can be right. Interesting behavior.

    > now your demanding a name for them
    > and you who make yourself out to be a big Unix fan, has decided that
    > directories should be the official name. - hahaha...
    >
    > Two points here.
    >
    >>Usenet is meant to be used with
    >>a usenet client *not* google. Promoting any other method is pointless.

    > You convert the user then.

    Converting you to a reasonable person would be more interesting, but
    pointless as well.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 23, 2008