Suggestion : a free system for users authentication over the internet

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mirko, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Mirko

    Mirko Guest

    Hello,

    I wish to suggest an interesting method for users authentication, it's
    webservice I found and used in my website.
    Its name is saintlogin, www.saintlogin.com

    This webservice is really useful, and it is even reliable, I tried it
    with
    my mobile phone and the ease of use is excellent.
    Just dial an inexpensive call and... Wow ! You get in only if
    registered...

    It seems to work fine with any browser and no sw installation is
    required on
    users workstation.

    A mobile phone is required, but who doesn't own one ? This system
    replaces
    the need of smart-cards, and, i feel it can even be used for loggin-in
    at
    public internet points, since no passwords are required, one is sure
    that
    nobody will be able to steal his passwords (passwords typed at public
    internet points can be catched if a password sniffer is installed on
    that
    pc...).

    Furthermore you can include it in your own web site, there are sample
    implementation pages to download at the saintlogin website, and it's
    free
    for up to 50 registered users.I
    I personally run my own Windows .net web server, and have implemented
    a restricted area that uses this webservice to test it
    and will tell you more if satisfied.

    Thanks for considering my hint

    Mirko Stankovich

    www.tinasplanet.com
    Mirko, Nov 11, 2003

    In article <>, on 11 Nov 2003 10:57:38 -0800,

    (Mirko) wrote:

    | Hello,
    |
    | I wish to suggest an interesting method for users authentication, it's
    | webservice I found and used in my website.
    | Its name is saintlogin, www.saintlogin.com

    Hmmm.

    25> whois saintlogin.com

    <snip />

    Registrant:
    Orlandi, Marco (KRRMCGMZUD)
    Exo System Italia srl
    Via Ciarrocchi 4
    Roma, RM 00100
    IT

    Domain Name: SAINTLOGIN.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Orlandi, Marco (35588340P)
    Exo System Italia srl
    Via Ciarrocchi 4
    Roma, RM 00100
    IT
    +39 064745934

    | Mirko Stankovich
    |

    | www.tinasplanet.com

    26> whois tinasplanet.com

    <snip />

    Registrant:
    Marco Orlandi EXO System Italia
    Via G. Ciarrocchi, 4
    Roma, RM 00151
    IT

    Domain name: TINASPLANET.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    EXO System Italia, Marco Orlandi
    Via G. Ciarrocchi, 4
    Roma, RM 00151
    IT
    +39.+39.0658202153 Fax: +39.+39.0658202153

    Smells very like spam to me.

    <davidp />

    - --
    David Postill

    David Postill, Nov 11, 2003

  3. On 11 Nov 2003, (Mirko) wrote:

    >I wish to suggest an interesting method for users authentication

    It's no longer interesting when it is posted more than three times
    (to my limited memory, and can probably be found more than that with
    a groups search on Google ). Peter M.
    Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Mirko wrote:
    > I wish to suggest an interesting method for users authentication, it's
    > a webservice I found ...

    It's always a joy to share that special moment whern someone suddenly finds
    their own website.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Nov 11, 2003
  5. Mirko

    TechnoHippie Guest

    Re: Suggestion : a free system for users authentication over theinternet

    Mirko wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I wish to suggest an interesting method for users authentication, it's
    > webservice I found and used in my website.
    > Its name is saintlogin, www.saintlogin.com
    >
    > This webservice is really useful, and it is even reliable, I tried it
    > with
    > my mobile phone and the ease of use is excellent.
    > Just dial an inexpensive call and... Wow !

    This is where you lost me ... stupid spammer!

    Judy
    TechnoHippie, Nov 12, 2003