Suggested accessories...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    > heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha

    ah bless :O))

    --
    Paul (Please dont take a picture)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Cynicor

    banjo Guest

    banjo, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Cynicor

    Yoshi Guest

    " banjo" <_no> wrote in message

    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    >> heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha
    >>
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...797&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    > and their 1 Year Enhanced/Extended Warranty at 1,494.95 is half the price
    > of the camera.

    No, more like about 5%.

    Yoshi
    Yoshi, Mar 7, 2007
  5. Cynicor

    C J Campbell Guest

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:07:10 -0800, Cynicor wrote
    (in article <>):

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797

    > &is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    Checking your wish list again?

    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor
    C J Campbell, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Cynicor

    JohnR66 Guest

    " banjo" <_no> wrote in message

    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    >> heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha
    >>
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...797&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    > and their 1 Year Enhanced/Extended Warranty at 1,494.95 is half the price
    > of the camera.

    I would suggest that you check your math.
    JohnR66, Mar 7, 2007
  7. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    C J Campbell wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:07:10 -0800, Cynicor wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    >> heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha
    >>

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797
    >
    >> &is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    > Checking your wish list again?

    Sadly, my current wish list is a bit more humble than that:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=181374&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=192789&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ls&Q=&sku=19071&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    Cynicor, Mar 7, 2007
  8. David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 7, 2007
  9. Cynicor

    C J Campbell Guest

    C J Campbell, Mar 7, 2007
  10. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Mar 7, 2007
  11. Cynicor

    J. Clarke Guest

    banjo wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    >> heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha
    >>
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...797&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    > and their 1 Year Enhanced/Extended Warranty at 1,494.95 is half the
    > price
    > of the camera.

    Dropped a decimal there somewhere. Half of thirty-two _thousand_ is
    sixteen _thousand_ not sixteen _hundred_.

    Or perhaps your mind wasn't quite able to get around the notion of a
    camera that costs as much as a decent car.

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J. Clarke, Mar 7, 2007
  12. Cynicor

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Mar 8, 2007
  13. Cynicor

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Mar 8, 2007
  14. Cynicor

    Mark² Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > C J Campbell wrote:
    >> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:07:10 -0800, Cynicor wrote
    >> (in article <>):
    >>
    >>> For the $32,000 Hasselblad digital camera, B&H suggests a $40
    >>> heart-shaped mini photo frame as an accessory! hahahahahaha
    >>>

    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797
    >>
    >>> &is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    >> Checking your wish list again?
    >>

    > Sadly, my current wish list is a bit more humble than that:
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=181374&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=192789&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ls&Q=&sku=19071&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    That's a might spendy of you, Cyn...
    One should be wise with one's pennies...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=322635&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    Mark²
    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Mar 8, 2007
  15. Cynicor

    Mark² Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> C J Campbell wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:07:10 -0800, Cynicor wrote
    >>> (in article <>):

    >>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797

    >>> Checking your wish list again?
    >>>

    >> Sadly, my current wish list is a bit more humble than that:
    >>
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=181374&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=192789&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ls&Q=&sku=19071&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    > That's a might spendy of you, Cyn...
    > One should be wise with one's pennies...
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=322635&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >
    > Mark²

    Or perhaps:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=304227&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    Mark²
    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Mar 8, 2007
  16. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> Cynicor wrote:

    >>> Sadly, my current wish list is a bit more humble than that:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=181374&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=192789&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ls&Q=&sku=19071&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    >> That's a might spendy of you, Cyn...
    >> One should be wise with one's pennies...
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=322635&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >>
    >> Mark²

    > Or perhaps:
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=304227&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    Suggested accessories for that should be the legendary 58mm f/1.2 Noct
    Nikkor.
    Cynicor, Mar 8, 2007
  17. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:53:06 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=435&A=details&Q=&sku=181374&
    >>
    >>> is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    >> Hey, whatever turns you on. :)

    > I have to pay for my wish list out of my professional earnings, so I try
    > to stay within myself.

    Surely you can afford a humble lens hood?

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=342088&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    It's for the Olympus 300mm f/2.8 lens, which interestingly is the
    first example I've seen of a 4/3 lens that really provides a
    significant size (11.1" vs. 17") and weight (7.2# vs. 10.7#)
    advantage over lens designed for a 35mm frame/FF sensor, in this
    case Nikon's 600mm f/4 lens. As you can see, much shorter, several
    pounds lighter, virtually the same angle of view (4.2° vs. 4.0°) and
    cheaper to boot, $5,700 vs. $9,080 - as if I'd ever get either. <g>

    For those that don't want to follow the link, Olympus's LH-120
    lens hood for the 300mm f/2.8 lens is a modest $449.95 from B&H.
    Moral: Don't lose the LH-120 that is included with the lens. :)
    ASAAR, Mar 8, 2007
  18. Cynicor

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Ed Ruf, Mar 8, 2007
  19. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:53:06 -0500, Cynicor wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=435&A=details&Q=&sku=181374&
    >>> Hey, whatever turns you on. :)

    >> I have to pay for my wish list out of my professional earnings, so I try
    >> to stay within myself.

    > Surely you can afford a humble lens hood?
    >

    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=342088&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    I'll tell you what I DO want to get. One of these.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=412527&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    Then I could put a wireless speaker in it, put it on the train seat next
    to me and film people's reactions as it talked to them.
    Cynicor, Mar 8, 2007
  20. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:08:40 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

    >> Surely you can afford a humble lens hood?
    >>

    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=342088&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    > I'll tell you what I DO want to get. One of these.
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=412527&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
    >
    > Then I could put a wireless speaker in it, put it on the train seat next
    > to me and film people's reactions as it talked to them.

    NO!!! Don't do it. It's a trick, designed to do more than it lets
    on. You think it's only transmitting the video signal to its
    receiver, but the receiver is "finger"ing each user, adding GPS
    coordinates and phoning home a continuous stream of information to
    its master. For God's sakes, it's made by SVAT!!! Decode that with
    ROT13 and the device's nefarious plan will be exposed for all to
    see. Do it. Do it before it's too late. Hurry. Time is running
    out!

    (later) It's too late. We don't stand a chance. I just returned
    from B&H where I checked out the Svat Spy Eye UC1300, and on the
    back of it, near the power connector was a small BearCare© tag which
    was partially obscured by the synthetic plush. In fine print at the
    bottom of the tag was the chilling "Made in Redmond, WA 98052".
    ASAAR, Mar 9, 2007