    As you may already know Gizmo5 is going ;-(( swallowed up by Goggle .. so
    I'm looking for a replacement for 'free' calls to the US (via SIP/ATA) any
    ideas ?
    Dave, Mar 6, 2011

  2. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:il0gd5$cmj$...
    > As you may already know Gizmo5 is going ;-(( swallowed up by Goggle .. so I'm looking for a replacement for 'free' calls to the US
    > (via SIP/ATA) any ideas ?

    Sorry I don't know what Gizmo5 outbound call rates were like but perhaps one of the Betamax clones would compare favourably?

    eg. smartvoip.com you can call several countries including UK landlines and
    US landlines & mobiles for 90 days after applying credit to your account without
    any credit being used (ie effectively free calls). Limited to 300 min per rolling 7 days.

    Even when they are charged for it's less than 2p/min

    UK mobiles 5p/min

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 6, 2011

  3. Dave

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:30:57 +0000, Dave wrote:

    > As you may already know Gizmo5 is going ;-(( swallowed up by

    Goggle ..
    > so I'm looking for a replacement for 'free' calls to the US (via
    > SIP/ATA) any ideas ?

    whistlephone.com. Free calls to the US. They have a 15-second ad at
    the beginning but it is worth it to save the money, and the sound
    on the calls I have made, a couple of them 30 minutes or so, was
    very good.

    No problem adding it to my ata.
    Nomen Nescio, Mar 6, 2011
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Nomen Nescio" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:30:57 +0000, Dave wrote:
    >
    >> As you may already know Gizmo5 is going ;-(( swallowed up by

    > Goggle ..
    >> so I'm looking for a replacement for 'free' calls to the US (via
    >> SIP/ATA) any ideas ?

    > whistlephone.com. Free calls to the US. They have a 15-second ad at
    > the beginning but it is worth it to save the money, and the sound
    > on the calls I have made, a couple of them 30 minutes or so, was
    > very good.
    >
    > No problem adding it to my ata.

    Thanks guys, Whistlephone works well - however, not via Pbxes.com ?? ( As
    an incoming call)
    Dave, Mar 11, 2011
  5. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:ilcn3k$lte$...

    > "Nomen Nescio" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:30:57 +0000, Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> As you may already know Gizmo5 is going ;-(( swallowed up by

    >> Goggle ..
    >>> so I'm looking for a replacement for 'free' calls to the US (via
    >>> SIP/ATA) any ideas ?

    >> whistlephone.com. Free calls to the US. They have a 15-second ad at
    >> the beginning but it is worth it to save the money, and the sound
    >> on the calls I have made, a couple of them 30 minutes or so, was
    >> very good.
    >>
    >> No problem adding it to my ata.

    > Thanks guys, Whistlephone works well - however, not via Pbxes.com ?? ( As an incoming call)

    My favourite for registering to pbxes is localphone.com
    They don't give you any free DDIs (if that what you are looking for)
    but, for example, you can get a free block of 10 DDIs from www.ukddi.com
    and point one or more to the localphone trunk residing in PBXES with a URI like
    sip:

    Ask if you need any more detailed explanation.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 11, 2011
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:ilcn3k$lte$...
    >>

    >> "Nomen Nescio" <> wrote in message

    >>> Goggle ..
    >>>
    >>> whistlephone.com. Free calls to the US. They have a 15-second ad at
    >>> the beginning but it is worth it to save the money, and the sound
    >>> on the calls I have made, a couple of them 30 minutes or so, was
    >>> very good.
    >>>
    >>> No problem adding it to my ata.

    >> Thanks guys, Whistlephone works well - however, not via Pbxes.com ?? (
    >> As an incoming call)

    > My favourite for registering to pbxes is localphone.com
    > They don't give you any free DDIs (if that what you are looking for)
    > but, for example, you can get a free block of 10 DDIs from www.ukddi.com
    > and point one or more to the localphone trunk residing in PBXES with a URI
    > like
    > sip:
    >
    > Ask if you need any more detailed explanation.
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Hi Graham, What I had before Gizmo5 'went' is calls come in for Sipgate,
    and go out via Gizmo5 SIP-URI (Google Voice - Free USA)

    How is do you do it with localphone.com ??
    Dave, Mar 12, 2011
  7. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:ilfiom$98k$...

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message news:ileav1$5rj$-september.org...

    >>> Thanks guys, Whistlephone works well - however, not via Pbxes.com ?? ( As an incoming call)

    >> My favourite for registering to pbxes is localphone.com
    >> They don't give you any free DDIs (if that what you are looking for)
    >> but, for example, you can get a free block of 10 DDIs from www.ukddi.com
    >> and point one or more to the localphone trunk residing in PBXES with a URI like
    >> sip:
    >>
    >> Ask if you need any more detailed explanation.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%
    >>

    > Hi Graham, What I had before Gizmo5 'went' is calls come in for Sipgate, and go out via Gizmo5 SIP-URI (Google Voice - Free USA)
    >
    > How is do you do it with localphone.com ??

    Sorry. I've been away for a week and forgot about the free USA requirement :)

    However, in pbxes:
    I just tried a Sipgate trunk & incoming route configured as dialthtough, and a Whistlephone outgoing route & trunk were happy to
    handle the call.
    At least with whistle, you are left with no doubt which way they went, although some of
    the ads are for Vonage, which I thought a bit strange, are they the same company?

    As it works for me, we need to find what you are doing differently

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 12, 2011
  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:ilfiom$98k$...
    >>

    >> "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>> My favourite for registering to pbxes is localphone.com
    >>> They don't give you any free DDIs (if that what you are looking for)
    >>> but, for example, you can get a free block of 10 DDIs from www.ukddi.com
    >>> and point one or more to the localphone trunk residing in PBXES with a
    >>> URI like
    >>> sip:
    >>>
    >>> Ask if you need any more detailed explanation.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>>
    >>> %Profound_observation%
    >>>

    >> Hi Graham, What I had before Gizmo5 'went' is calls come in for Sipgate,
    >> and go out via Gizmo5 SIP-URI (Google Voice - Free USA)
    >>
    >> How is do you do it with localphone.com ??

    > Sorry. I've been away for a week and forgot about the free USA requirement
    > :)
    >
    > However, in pbxes:
    > I just tried a Sipgate trunk & incoming route configured as dialthtough,
    > and a Whistlephone outgoing route & trunk were happy to handle the call.
    > At least with whistle, you are left with no doubt which way they went,
    > although some of
    > the ads are for Vonage, which I thought a bit strange, are they the same
    > company?
    >
    > As it works for me, we need to find what you are doing differently
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    What I'm doing is getting Google Voice to dial my Whistlsephone US number
    (this rings in via a Sipgate USA number to a softphone here) Whistlephone is
    obviously is a trunk in Pbxes and then going out to a soft phone extension -
    all this doesn't work "I'm sorry I cannot complete your call"

    Dave.
    Dave, Mar 13, 2011
  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:ili4kh$r5$...

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Graham, What I had before Gizmo5 'went' is calls come in for
    >>> Sipgate, and go out via Gizmo5 SIP-URI (Google Voice - Free USA)
    >>>
    >>> How is do you do it with localphone.com ??

    >> Sorry. I've been away for a week and forgot about the free USA
    >> requirement :)
    >>
    >> However, in pbxes:
    >> I just tried a Sipgate trunk & incoming route configured as dialthtough,
    >> and a Whistlephone outgoing route & trunk were happy to handle the call.
    >> At least with whistle, you are left with no doubt which way they went,
    >> although some of
    >> the ads are for Vonage, which I thought a bit strange, are they the same
    >> company?
    >>
    >> As it works for me, we need to find what you are doing differently
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    > What I'm doing is getting Google Voice to dial my Whistlsephone US number
    > (this rings in via a Sipgate USA number to a softphone here) Whistlephone
    > is obviously is a trunk in Pbxes and then going out to a soft phone
    > extension - all this doesn't work "I'm sorry I cannot complete your call"
    >
    > Dave.

    Stupid Whistle software doesn't want to work know ! "The procedure entry
    point _ftol2 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

    D'oh !
    Dave, Mar 13, 2011
  10. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    > Stupid Whistle software doesn't want to work know ! "The procedure entry
    > point _ftol2 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"
    >
    > D'oh !

    Have you seen this on their support forum?
    http://snipurl.com/2773w0
    The answers aren't very supportive.

    I see the problem now, it works as an outgoing trunk in pbxes but not as an incoming
    one.

    Also the softphone is not very well implemented, for a start, putting the executable in
    all users-start menu-programs is not good practice, and it's no wonder that AV apps
    identify it as malicious.
    Its very easy to accidently launch two or more instances of the softphone accidentally,
    If you do it ceases to work.

    Once launched, there is no obvious way of killing the program other than Ctrl Alt Del
    end task.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 13, 2011
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >> Stupid Whistle software doesn't want to work know ! "The procedure entry
    >> point _ftol2 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"
    >>
    >> D'oh !

    > Have you seen this on their support forum?
    > http://snipurl.com/2773w0
    > The answers aren't very supportive.
    >
    > I see the problem now, it works as an outgoing trunk in pbxes but not as
    > an incoming
    > one.
    >
    > Also the softphone is not very well implemented, for a start, putting the
    > executable in
    > all users-start menu-programs is not good practice, and it's no wonder
    > that AV apps
    > identify it as malicious.
    > Its very easy to accidently launch two or more instances of the softphone
    > accidentally,
    > If you do it ceases to work.
    >
    > Once launched, there is no obvious way of killing the program other than
    > Ctrl Alt Del
    > end task.
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    OK WP software is now working again - weird buggy software I guess ?

    Still not working via Pbxes though - works ok via GV and then to WP's own
    softphone

    I noticed the Vonage ad as well very strange ! maybe they just buy-in to
    there Voip service ?

    Graham - how do you have your Pbxes setup ?

    Dave.
    Dave, Mar 13, 2011