    click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
    correct this. thanks in advance.

    Becky

    Becky, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Becky

    MaryL Guest

    "Becky" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > Hello all,
    > For some reason I have become unable to open links to sites that are in
    > emails or newsgroups. Until recently I was able to open them. Now when I
    > click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
    > correct this. thanks in advance.
    >
    > Becky

    Have you recently added a popup blocker? Try holding down the CTRL key
    while you click on a link that won't open, and see if that helps.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Nov 3, 2006

  3. "Becky" <> loquaciously articulated in

    > Hello all,
    > For some reason I have become unable to open links
    > to sites that are in emails or newsgroups. Until recently
    > I was able to open them. Now when I click on them nothing
    > happens. I would appreciate any ideas
    > on how to correct this. thanks in advance.
    >
    > Becky > >

    Everything which follows is contingent upon virus and malware scans
    being run, being good, and all other operations being normal and
    stable:

    Using OE6? Tools > Options > Security tab:

    You *should* have Restricted sites selected, and the other 2 boxes
    under Virus Protection.

    There's a box to select [de-select] Downloaded Images
    [...and other external content in HTML e-mail]

    On Tools > Options > Connection tab:

    The "Change..." button takes to IE Properties > Security tab > select
    [Restricted] sites > the "Custom level..." button shows the settings
    which are available.

    A lot depends on your default brower make & model (Programs Tab)
    and/or your Content Advisor (Content tab).

    Within those 2 dialogs likely lies your answer, along with trying to
    recall what you changed, or what you installed/uninstalled. You can
    safely reset your settings to defaults. If you do change settings,
    exit and then relaunch the application [IE or OE].

    --

    !!! WARNING !!! Beware of these creatures which have been
    introduced into our population by the alien invasion's preliminary

    http://tinyurl.com/ynd4y6

    Use great caution when encountering and evading these creatures.
    Freud is *not* our friend in these matters. !!! END WARNING !!!

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Becky

    Becky Guest

    "MaryL" <-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

    > "Becky" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >> For some reason I have become unable to open links to sites that are in
    >> emails or newsgroups. Until recently I was able to open them. Now when I
    >> click on them nothing happens. I would appreciate any ideas on how to
    >> correct this. thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Becky
    >>

    > Have you recently added a popup blocker? Try holding down the CTRL key
    > while you click on a link that won't open, and see if that helps.
    >
    > MaryL

    I dont remember adding any popup blockers recently.Hoding down the CTRL key
    did allow me to open the links. Thanks so much!
    Becky

    Becky, Nov 3, 2006