    networking? Does anyone have any other ideas?

    I appreciate any help.

    Theo.
    =?Utf-8?B?VFhK?=, Sep 8, 2006

  2. I forgot to mention...

    When the problems started, I double checked the laptop by connecting to an
    unsecured network. It worked fine (I could get to the Internet just fine).

    I can also see the laptop connected with a status of "Associated" when I
    admin the router using a wired PC. The lap top shows up briefly and then
    disappears.

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?VFhK?=, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Hi Theo,

    The first thing I would do is check the event log on your laptop to see if
    it gives some clues as to what's going on (Control Panel, Administrative
    Tools, Event Viewer).

    Also try using the command "ipconfig/release" followed by "ipconfig/renew"
    and then "ipconfig/all" at a command prompt. Refresh event viewer and see
    if it gives you a clue as to the problem.

    If none of this helps, you might try completely removing the wireless NIC
    from device manager, then reinstalling it. Since another router does the
    same thing, and you can connect to an unsecured network without any
    problems, the problem would seem to be with the wireless configuration on
    your laptop. Rebuilding it from scratch might help.

    --
    Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

    no rights.

    Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Sep 8, 2006