    give me an advise?
    Kind regards,
    Willem
    Willem, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Willem

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer?
    Control Panel / Add\Remove Programs / Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    Choose the 'Repair Internet Explorer' option.

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:22:06 +0100, in
    <3ff42ad7$0$16805$>
    Willem scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Thank you, Mike. However, I did not find the "repair" option in W2000P. When
    I tried to reinstall MSexplorer, it was advised to me ***not*** to do this,
    because all actual versions were already present in the system. If I
    reinstall, is my complete Outlook Express database gone?
    Willem.

    Willem Bakker, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Willem

    °Mike° Guest

    There's no need to reinstall.
    Copy/Paste the following into your Start / Run box (all one line):

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g

    If that doesn't work, try:

    rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\windows\inf\ie.inf

    And if THAT doesn't work, try just:

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:18:08 +0100, in
    <3ff480a5$0$16803$>
    Willem Bakker scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Willem

    Harrison Guest

    It's probably too late, but you should first make sure that the system
    is free of spyware and malware, which could be the root cause of the
    problem.

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Tnxs very much, Mike. I tried your 1st suggestion: Ten suddes
    systemcrashes/day dropped yesterday to zero (although I have now only one
    day experience on this)! Kind regards, Willem.

    Willem Bakker, Jan 3, 2004
  7. it 's Murphy, Mike! I thought everything yasterday went all right after your
    1st repair suggestion, but today the system crashed again in MSexplorer AND
    in Netscape. I have the impression that it is only happening in complex
    internet pages.

    Willem Bakker, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Willem

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic computer maintenance

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    Run *at least* two different on-line virus scans.

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:52:32 +0100, in
    <3ff674e7$0$16791$>
    Willem Bakker scrawled:

    >it 's Murphy, Mike! I thought everything yasterday went all right after your
    >1st repair suggestion, but today the system crashed again in MSexplorer AND
    >in Netscape. I have the impression that it is only happening in complex
    >internet pages.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> schreef in bericht
    >> There's no need to reinstall.
    >> Copy/Paste the following into your Start / Run box (all one line):
    >>
    >> rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet

    >Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g
    >>

    >> If that doesn't work, try:
    >>
    >> rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132

    >C:\windows\inf\ie.inf
    >>

    >> And if THAT doesn't work, try just:
    >>
    >> rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

    --