Sudden problem detecting network everywhere

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by aannan, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. aannan

    aannan

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I brought my laptop (Acer Aspire 5044WMLi) on vacation and after the flight home. It was a bumpy ride. Suddenly I can't detect any network which usually was easy to detect.

    I've tried many different places were I usually detect networks (such as at my work, at home and at a friends house), but I can't find any connection when I hit the refresh-button to find wireless connections. Usually I get a large list of options. I've tried with other laptops which can easily connect wireless at the same time (strong signal).

    Device manager says that the wireless device is working properly. (ethernet)

    I've also tried to repair and deactivate and activate the wireless device several times without any results.

    I wonder if the antenna is loose or something, but I don't now. Does anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I use Windows XP.

    aannan, Aug 5, 2007