    manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no spam
    at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?
    hleegee, Jun 15, 2007

  2. hleegee wrote:

    > For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had
    > to manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two
    > weeks, although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been
    > almost no spam at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came
    > about?

    Perhaps your mail server has tightened up its filtering, or hired a
    different service to do this.

    But now that you have published your email address in Usenet, you will
    now likely receive LOTS more of it. The spammers scrape Usenet looking
    for new victims all the time. Even though it is too late, you should
    learn to munge your address so it doesn't continually get harvested.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 15, 2007

  3. hleegee

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-15, hleegee <> wrote:
    > For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    > manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    > although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no spam
    > at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?

    Perhaps your email service provider instituted effective spam blocking for
    themselves.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 15, 2007
  4. hleegee

    Guest

    "hleegee" <> wrote:

    >For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    >manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    >although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no spam
    >at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?

    A top spammer was arrested
    http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3626033

    Like to think that had something to do with it.

    --

    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/
    , Jun 15, 2007
  5. On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:25:34 -0700, wrote:

    > "hleegee" <> wrote:
    >
    >>For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    >>manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    >>although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no spam
    >>at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?
    >>

    >A top spammer was arrested
    >http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3626033
    >
    >Like to think that had something to do with it.

    It will take a long time to clean up all his zombies. You can't arrest
    them!
    Steve Wolstenholme, Jun 15, 2007
  6. "hleegee" <> wrote in message
    > For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    > manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    > although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no
    > spam at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?

    Let's see, the spammer Lindhardt is on the ropes in court, the spammer
    Soloway is in jail, the spammer Alonzo Villanueva is in trouble with the
    law, and there are a few others that have recently been anally probed by the
    long arm of the law.

    Oh, and the FBI started Operation Bot Roast, which targets spammers using
    botnets.
    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
    > "hleegee" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    >>manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    >>although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no
    >>spam at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?

    > Let's see, the spammer Lindhardt is on the ropes in court, the spammer
    > Soloway is in jail, the spammer Alonzo Villanueva is in trouble with the
    > law, and there are a few others that have recently been anally probed by the
    > long arm of the law.
    >
    > Oh, and the FBI started Operation Bot Roast, which targets spammers using
    > botnets.

    Them G Men sure have a sense of humor.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 15, 2007
  8. hleegee

    Plato Guest

    hleegee wrote:

    > For months, if not years, even with a spam-filtering program, I've had to
    > manually delete at least 20 pieces of spam daily. For the past two weeks,
    > although legitimate messages are coming through, there's been almost no spam
    > at all. Anybody got any idea how this miracle came about?

    Your email supplier may have installed an anti-spam filter.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 16, 2007