  1. Win 98 IE6...2 computers on a router. Suddenly, on one of them, I can't do
    anything on a web page until it is completely loaded. Other computer works
    fine. Driving me nuts! Any ideas? TIA
    Captain Dunsil, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Captain Dunsil

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:46:39 -0400, Captain Dunsil wrote:

    > Win 98 IE6...2 computers on a router. Suddenly, on one of them, I can't do
    > anything on a web page until it is completely loaded. Other computer works
    > fine. Driving me nuts! Any ideas? TIA

    Have you tried checking for malware on the computer with the problem?
    Some spyware will bog down a PC when a page is loading because they're
    "phoning home" to report on your browsing habits.

    Get yourself a copy of AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy and scan the box
    for adware and spyware. A virus scan wouldn't be a bad idea while you're at
    it.

    A further suggestion...Stop using IE. Get a copy of Mozilla. It's not
    perfect, but I think it's a damned sight better than IE. The built-in popup
    blocker alone is reason to favor Mozilla over IE, because popups are
    becoming a coommon route for spyware infections.

    Roy
    Roy Jones, Jul 11, 2004