Successor to the 8800GTS is the 8800GTS....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Nov 21, 2007

  2. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/20/call-8800gts-isn
    >
    > So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
    > dosh....nice work if you can get it....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > thing

    hmm it is/was rumoured that there would be a 1gig 8800gt, maybe it will
    be the memory configuration of this new 8800gts instead....

    regards

    thing
    thingy, Nov 21, 2007

  3. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/20/call-8800gts-isn
    >>
    >> So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
    >> dosh....nice work if you can get it....
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> thing

    > hmm it is/was rumoured that there would be a 1gig 8800gt, maybe it will
    > be the memory configuration of this new 8800gts instead....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > thing

    or,

    http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/G92_GeForce_8800_GTS_512_Card_Pics_&_Specs/5405.html

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 21, 2007
  4. thingy

    Dave N Guest

    Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with other
    goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it' with you has
    meaning!) - this is an impressive card. Had the choice of an MSI factory
    overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an Asus standard one with a
    three year warranty - I went the conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks
    though). A previous poster mentioned there are not many of the 8800 GTs
    around and what is happening at the moment (according to my supplier) is a
    shipment comes in (probably a small shipment) and they are disappearing out
    the door very quickly. Same thing with the bigger Viewsonic monitors.
    Cheers all
    Dave N

    Dave N, Nov 21, 2007
  5. thingy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
    > Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
    > other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
    > with you has meaning!)

    LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
    what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.

    > - this is an impressive card. Had the choice
    > of an MSI factory overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an
    > Asus standard one with a three year warranty - I went the
    > conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks though).

    I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
    ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
    but he tells me it's impressive.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 21, 2007
  6. thingy

    Bobs Guest

    Dave N wrote:
    > Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with other
    > goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it' with you has
    > meaning!) - this is an impressive card. Had the choice of an MSI factory
    > overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an Asus standard one with a
    > three year warranty - I went the conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks
    > though). A previous poster mentioned there are not many of the 8800 GTs
    > around and what is happening at the moment (according to my supplier) is a
    > shipment comes in (probably a small shipment) and they are disappearing out
    > the door very quickly. Same thing with the bigger Viewsonic monitors.
    > Cheers all

    i acutally managed to get a 8800GT from QMB Computers in Onehunga for
    about 470 incl gst. Came with Company of Heroes too (released last
    year), which is apparently a brilliant game.

    Very happy with the performance.

    Bobs, Nov 21, 2007
  7. thingy

    Bobs Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
    >> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
    >> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
    >> with you has meaning!)

    > LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
    > what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.

    Fair enough though. My olds are loaded, have a 900k house all paid off
    among other things. I told them to blow it all. I can earn my own cash.

    Bobs, Nov 21, 2007
  8. thingy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Bobs typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
    >>> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
    >>> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
    >>> with you has meaning!)

    >> LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the
    >> moment, on what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids
    >> Inheritance.

    > Fair enough though. My olds are loaded, have a 900k house all paid off
    > among other things. I told them to blow it all. I can earn my own
    > cash.

    Oh I agree. It's just my sister's sense of humour, gives the parents a
    ribbing.

    AFAIC I hope they spend every cent they have on enjoying themselves, they've
    earned it.
    --
    TTFN,

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 21, 2007
  9. thingy

    thingy Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
    >> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
    >> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
    >> with you has meaning!)

    > LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
    > what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.
    >
    >> - this is an impressive card. Had the choice
    >> of an MSI factory overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an
    >> Asus standard one with a three year warranty - I went the
    >> conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks though).

    I'd go std especially as the overclocked ones seem little advanced on a
    std one with a wee bit of overclocking anyway.

    > I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
    > ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
    > but he tells me it's impressive.

    yeah, When I upgraded my cpu from a p4-2200Mhz to a AMD dual 6000+ I was
    gob smacked about how much better BF2141 looked...the 7600GT really
    flew....way way more impressive....a 8800gt or gtx will be a big
    improvement again....

    :/

    regards

    Thing