    here? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Olympus would launch something new
    in near future, since they discontinued the 8080, one of the best cameras in
    the market...

    5do12, Oct 13, 2005

  2. 5do12

    a Guest

    In article <diljc9$2ft$-com.hr>,
    says...
    > Anything new in sight? I mean, now that Sony launched the R1, how soon are
    > the rest to follow? I remember the last time, it didn't take too long for
    > the same sensor in DSC-F828 to appear in some other manufacturer's bodies,
    > along with their own optics. Are we expecting the same scenario to follow
    > here? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Olympus would launch something new
    > in near future, since they discontinued the 8080, one of the best cameras in
    > the market...

    At the moment it looks that there is no direct successor to the line of
    CX0Y0 cameras, although it could be that Olympus launches a camera based
    on the sensor of the Sony R1. However such a camera would compete with
    the E500...
    --

    Alfred Molon

    a, Oct 13, 2005

  3. 5do12

    Rich Guest

    Olympus has no interest in producing more high end Prosumer cameras.
    They can't afford to sell something like the C8080 for $500 which is
    what
    is happening to prosumer pricing since entry-level DSLRs (all plastic
    of course,
    with CRAPPY kit lenses) have made the scene. Magnesium body, aspheric
    lenses with ED glass and more control features than an entry-level
    DSLR?
    You'll never see it again.

    Rich, Oct 13, 2005