  1. Erikhove

    Erikhove Guest

    Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?
    Erikhove, Jun 16, 2006

  2. "Erikhove" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?

    The week before PhotoKina 2006 http://www.photokina.de

    Leaks will start end of August.

    8 megapixel
    2.5"-3" LCD

    lower price than 350D
    Darrell Larose, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Darrell Larose wrote:
    > "Erikhove" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?
    >>

    > The week before PhotoKina 2006 http://www.photokina.de
    >
    > Leaks will start end of August.
    >
    > 8 megapixel
    > 2.5"-3" LCD
    >
    > lower price than 350D

    I'd bet higher MP. And priced the same, with 350D price dropping a
    couple of hundred to the retailer.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 16, 2006
  4. "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > Darrell Larose wrote:
    >> "Erikhove" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?
    >>>

    >> The week before PhotoKina 2006 http://www.photokina.de
    >>
    >> Leaks will start end of August.
    >>
    >> 8 megapixel
    >> 2.5"-3" LCD
    >>
    >> lower price than 350D
    >>

    > I'd bet higher MP. And priced the same, with 350D price dropping a couple
    > of hundred to the retailer.

    I see the 350D being discontinued on a stock turn-over basis just like the
    300D. I don't see the new version 400D having any more than 8 megapixels, as
    the 30D replaced the 20D at the same pixel count. I think that Canon limit
    on their CMOS technology is at 8 megapixels on the APS-C sized sensor. I
    can't see Canon releasing a Rebel class camera with a higher pixel count as
    it would dilute sales of their 30D, but I can see a $500-600 CDN body, as at
    the moment the Rebel XT/350D is the highest priced product in the class. The
    sub-$1000 class is the fastest growing segment of the market, under $1000
    CDN I have, Pentax , Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Canon kits ($980
    XT/18~55). There is a $100 rebate on Canon, likely to reduce inventory
    before the Fall announcement of a 400D(?)

    I suppose Canon could raise the bar to 12 megapixels on their CMOS, but I
    contend that Canon doesn't want to reduce quality.
    Darrell Larose, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Erikhove

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    Erikhove wrote:
    > Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?

    The indicators seem to point to it being relatively soon, maybe within
    the next couple of months. Canon is currently offering a $100 rebate
    for Canon 350D purchases through August 5. Typically, rebates are
    offered when a manufacturer wants to give people in incentive to buy
    existing stock in order to bring down inventories, clear out old models
    in anticipation of something new.

    That said, $100 off the B&H price of a 350D kit has me very tempted...

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Isaiah Beard, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Erikhove

    Jack Mac Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:48:15 -0400, Isaiah Beard <>
    wrote:

    >Erikhove wrote:
    >> Does anyone know when Canon will launch a successor for the EOS 350D?
    >>

    >The indicators seem to point to it being relatively soon, maybe within
    >the next couple of months. Canon is currently offering a $100 rebate
    >for Canon 350D purchases through August 5. Typically, rebates are
    >offered when a manufacturer wants to give people in incentive to buy
    >existing stock in order to bring down inventories, clear out old models
    >in anticipation of something new.
    >
    >That said, $100 off the B&H price of a 350D kit has me very tempted...

    Not accurate .... maybe sometimes.... but I received $100 rebate on my
    350D/AT when I bought it last October.
    Jack Mac
    Jack Mac, Jul 7, 2006