    But...
    How does this square with View/Messages options of All or Unread?

    KeithS
    KeithS, Mar 2, 2005

  2. KeithS wrote:
    > Moz 1.7.3
    > In newsgroups, what's the subtle difference between the settings:-
    > 1) View/Threads/Unread
    > and
    > 2) View/Threads/Threads with Unread
    >
    > Possibly answering my own query...
    > Is it that in (1), after reading *any* message in a thread, the thread
    > is no longer seen, including any subsequent new postings to it?
    > Whereas, in (2), not only is the read message in a thread shown, but
    > also any subsequent new posting to it?
    >
    > But...
    > How does this square with View/Messages options of All or Unread?
    >
    > KeithS

    View>>Threads>>Threads with Unread shows all posts in every thread with
    unread messages. Threads that have no unread messages are not
    displayed, making it easier to find the unread messages, and still be
    able to refer to the rest of the thread.

    View>>Threads>>Unread shows only unread posts, but preserves the
    threading. If there are three unread posts in a thread, those three
    will be threaded together, but the unread posts in the thread will not
    be displayed.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 2, 2005

  3. KeithS

    KeithS Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > View>>Threads>>Unread shows only unread posts, but preserves the
    > threading. If there are three unread posts in a thread, those three
    > will be threaded together, but the unread posts in the thread will not
    > be displayed.

    Ah! Got ya, thanks Lee

    KeithS
    KeithS, Mar 2, 2005