    We all r used to listen MSN sounds e.g incoming e-mail,signing of our
    friends on MSN.Can we change these sounds to play in another sound
    instead of default in the system?

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Yes,sure,not all of them---

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Can we play MP3 recorded sounds to replace Audio Wav of MSN/Windows System

    I am presently working on this project.Be Patient.

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 6 Jul 2005 21:50:02 -0700, "Thaqalain" <>
    wrote:

    >We all r used to listen MSN sounds e.g incoming e-mail,signing of our
    >friends on MSN.Can we change these sounds to play in another sound
    >instead of default in the system?

    TINW.

    Evan Platt, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    old jon Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On 6 Jul 2005 21:50:02 -0700, "Thaqalain" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>We all r used to listen MSN sounds e.g incoming e-mail,signing of our
    >>friends on MSN.Can we change these sounds to play in another sound
    >>instead of default in the system?

    > TINW.

    He can have a wee if he wants to. I`m lucky I`ve got a big. <g>.

    old jon, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Thaqalain

    Joel Rubin Guest

    Re: Can we play MP3 recorded sounds to replace Audio Wav of MSN/Windows System

    On 7 Jul 2005 11:07:07 -0700, "Thaqalain" <>
    wrote:

    >I am presently working on this project.Be Patient.

    Well, the control panel applet doesn't want to let you have access to
    ..mp3 files in c:\windows\media

    I tried setting

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemQuestion\.Current]
    @="A.MP3"

    and

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemQuestion\my
    sch0]
    @="A.MP3"

    and when I went into the control panel/ sound /windows sounds and
    tried to play the sound for "Question", I got "Windows cannot play the
    a.mp3 file. It may be damaged or may not be a valid sound file.
    Replace the file and try again."

    So it would appear that whatever mechanism plays events sounds in
    Windows cannot handle MP3's.

    Why not use a program which converts MP3's to WAV's? An event file
    can't be THAT big because you don't want more than a few seconds of
    sound. The biggest Windows events file I have is a Pink Floyd "welcome
    to the machine" (100K) for startup and a Porky Pig "That's all folks"
    (35K) for exiting windows.

    Joel Rubin, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Re: Can we play MP3 recorded sounds to replace Audio Wav of MSN/Windows System

    U right,busy in Listening London,distract my attention waht I want to
    do.

    Thaqalain, Jul 7, 2005