    Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
    minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's £270.97 per
    line.....and there are three of them!

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Jono

    Mr Man Guest

    I'm not aware of any who can - and even porting them to BT won't allow
    you to port them to a VoIP supplier.The Cable provider will still have
    to do some work to point the number over, and i dont think any VoIP
    companies have agreements with Telewest/NTL

    Mr Man, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Mr Man submitted this idea :

    >> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to (im)port a
    >> BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
    >>
    >> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month minimum
    >> term, plus the BT installation charges, that's £270.97 per line.....and
    >> there are three of them!

    > I'm not aware of any who can - and even porting them to BT won't allow you to
    > port them to a VoIP supplier.The Cable provider will still have to do some
    > work to point the number over, and i dont think any VoIP companies have
    > agreements with Telewest/NTL

    You misunderstand. The numbers *are* BT numbers, however, they have
    been ported to NTL:Telewest Business.

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007
  4. Jono

    Linker3000 Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to
    > (im)port a BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
    >
    > Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
    > minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's £270.97 per
    > line.....and there are three of them!

    Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently
    managed by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.

    I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the
    porting form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has
    to rent the line from BT).

    Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.

    L3K

    Linker3000, Sep 14, 2007
  5. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Linker3000 formulated on Friday :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to (im)port a
    >> BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
    >>
    >> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month minimum
    >> term, plus the BT installation charges, that's £270.97 per line.....and
    >> there are three of them!
    >>

    > Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently managed
    > by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.
    >
    > I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the porting
    > form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has to rent the
    > line from BT).
    >
    > Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.

    In some ways it does.

    If an ITSP can, indeed, port from a BTWS provider, I could organise
    that instead. ie. Cable=>BTWS=>VoIP.

    Doing it that way, I can avoid (£41.15 x 4 x 3) worth of charges as
    BTWS don't hold me to any minimum term for line rental, unlike BT
    Retail.

    Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
    number......I wonder?

    Jono, Sep 14, 2007
  6. Jono

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Linker3000 formulated on Friday :
    >> Jono wrote:
    >>> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to
    >>> (im)port a BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
    >>>
    >>> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
    >>> minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's £270.97 per
    >>> line.....and there are three of them!
    >>>

    >> Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently
    >> managed by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.
    >>
    >> I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the
    >> porting form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has
    >> to rent the line from BT).
    >>
    >> Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.

    > In some ways it does.
    >
    > If an ITSP can, indeed, port from a BTWS provider, I could organise that
    > instead. ie. Cable=>BTWS=>VoIP.
    >
    > Doing it that way, I can avoid (£41.15 x 4 x 3) worth of charges as BTWS
    > don't hold me to any minimum term for line rental, unlike BT Retail.
    >
    > Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
    > number......I wonder?

    Seem to remember Peter posting here a month or so ago saying that he would
    soon be able to port vm numbers. If that is the case, then I guess it
    should also then be possible to port ex-BT numbers from vm (subject of
    course to vm managing to do it right first time...)

    Herman, Sep 15, 2007
  7. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Herman has brought this to us :
    >> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
    >> number......I wonder?
    >>

    > Seem to remember Peter posting here a month or so ago saying that he would
    > soon be able to port vm numbers. If that is the case, then I guess it should
    > also then be possible to port ex-BT numbers from vm (subject of course to vm
    > managing to do it right first time...)

    Yep.

    However, I spoke to Peter's Technical Services yesterday & was told
    categorically that the number would have to be ported back to BT first.

    Jono, Sep 15, 2007
  8. Jono wrote:

    > Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
    > number......I wonder?

    They did for me, after lots of conversations with the BTWS provider and
    gradwell, I guess it probably depends on how awkward the BTWS provider
    wants to be.

    Thomas Kenyon, Sep 17, 2007
  9. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Thomas Kenyon has brought this to us :
    > Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
    >> number......I wonder?
    >>

    > They did for me, after lots of conversations with the BTWS provider and
    > gradwell, I guess it probably depends on how awkward the BTWS provider
    > wants to be.

    Erm, I wouldn't be awkward with myself, at all!

    Jono, Sep 17, 2007