    somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24 hours or
    something. :(

    Lethe
    Lethe, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Lethe

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-14, Lethe <> wrote:
    > I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    > server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell me
    > somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24 hours or
    > something. :(
    >
    > Lethe

    You seem to have managed to set up a usenet account with Datemas ;))

    I'm not familiar with the intricacies and confusion surrounding
    NTL/Virgin, but this web page looks promising
    <http://www.virginmedia.com/help/support/solution.php?package=broadband&cur
    Title=ntlworld%20settings&lastLevel=%3Ca%20href=broadband_cat_general_faq.p
    hp%3EGeneral%20FAQ%3C/a%3E&curURL=Broadband_settings.html> or
    <http://shurl.net/4yr> for short. Try clicking on item 3: Newsgroups.

    If that doesn't work, try asking your ISP.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Lethe

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lethe wrote:
    > I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    > server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    > me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    > hours or something. :(

    In OE, you add a newsserver account by using OE/ Tools/ Accounts/ News
    tab/ Add button/ News tab and then complete the necessary information.-
    but I'm not seeing virginmedia saying the configuration for the
    text.news.virginmedia.com server. Presumably you would need to use
    user/pass, presumably it is the standard port 119 and such.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Lethe

    Yddap Guest

    Lethe wrote:
    > I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    > server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    > me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    > hours or something. :(
    >
    > Lethe

    Use "news.ntli.net" or "62.253.170.163"
    presuming you are on VM ex NTL
    --

    Yddap
    Yddap, Jun 15, 2007
  5. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Lethe wrote:
    >> I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    >> server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    >> me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    >> hours or something. :(

    > In OE, you add a newsserver account by using OE/ Tools/ Accounts/ News
    > tab/ Add button/ News tab and then complete the necessary information.-
    > but I'm not seeing virginmedia saying the configuration for the
    > text.news.virginmedia.com server. Presumably you would need to use
    > user/pass, presumably it is the standard port 119 and such.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Many thanks. I'll try that.:)

    Lethe, Jun 15, 2007
  6. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    "Yddap" <> wrote in message
    > Lethe wrote:
    >> I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    >> server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    >> me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    >> hours or something. :(
    >>
    >> Lethe

    > Use "news.ntli.net" or "62.253.170.163"
    > presuming you are on VM ex NTL
    > --
    >

    > Yddap

    Thanks. The second sounds the most likely.

    Lethe, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    " Lethe" wrote:

    >>> I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    >>> server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    >>> me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    >>> hours or something. :(
    >>>
    >>> Lethe

    >> My heartfelt thanks everybody.I thought I was losing my memory for
    >> awhile. I now have 62.253.170.163 in my server list and that works just
    >> fine.

    I switched to Thunderbird and wasn't using OE much.
    Well that's /my/ excuse anyway. :D

    Lethe
    Lethe, Jun 15, 2007
  8. Lethe

    Lethe Guest

    " Lethe" <> wrote in message

    > "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    >> Lethe wrote:
    >>> I've forgotten how to subscribe to a server and indeed how to find the
    >>> server in the first place. Eg: text.news.virginmedia.com. Please tell
    >>> me somebody how to find it and subscribe to it. I'm having a silly 24
    >>> hours or something. :(

    >> In OE, you add a newsserver account by using OE/ Tools/ Accounts/ News
    >> tab/ Add button/ News tab and then complete the necessary information.-
    >> but I'm not seeing virginmedia saying the configuration for the
    >> text.news.virginmedia.com server. Presumably you would need to use
    >> user/pass, presumably it is the standard port 119 and such.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    > Many thanks. I'll try that.:)

    Thank you so much. I needed these instructions and they worked! I don't know
    how I could have forgotten after years of using OE before switching to
    Thunderbird.:)

    Lethe

    Lethe, Jun 15, 2007
  9. Lethe