    downloads. The x64 RC2 wasn't added yet though. Is there any ETA as to when
    it will be available for download through the MSDN Subscriber download
    interface?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2s=?=, Oct 11, 2006

  2. RC2 was pulled already. It was way too buggy.
    Look for RC3 coming soon...

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FsazJr?=, Oct 11, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2s=?=

    Jane C Guest

    RC2 was only 'pulled' for public CPP users. It was only available for a
    limited time. Being 'buggy' had nothing to do with it.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Oct 11, 2006
  4. That's simply incorrect. The public download was deliberately kept limited.
    It is still available and being used by Technical Beta testers. It is, IME,
    significantly less buggy than previous releases. Which is not to say it's
    perfect, but we are getting closer.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 11, 2006
  5. What basis do you have for saying it was pulled for being buggy? In fact it
    remains available to TechBeta testers as planned and made available on a
    limited basis to CPP as planned.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 11, 2006
  6. On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:23:02 -0700, Chuck
    <> wrote:

    >I noticed that today (October 10th) RC2 32-bit was added to my subscriber
    >downloads. The x64 RC2 wasn't added yet though. Is there any ETA as to when
    >it will be available for download through the MSDN Subscriber download
    >interface?

    Hi, I posted the same question today in microsoft.public.msdn.general.
    You might want to check there for an answer as that group is monitored
    by the MSDN subscriptions people.

    (Weird, my name is Chuck too and I used practically the same words for
    the subject of my posting. Cue up Rod Serling :)

    Chuck Heatherly, Oct 12, 2006
  7. Do you have a source for this misinformation?
    If so, please post.

    Pulled for the CPP, Yes.
    But your reason you suggest is completely wrong.
    In advance, Microsoft planned on limiting the availability of the public
    download.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 14, 2006
  8. Well all I can tell you is that many MANY people reported big problems with
    RC2. These same people were using RC1 without too many issues (myself
    included).

    Then about 2 days after it was released it was PULLED from the internet
    WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION and the download page redirects you to the RC1
    download page. Well I don't know what you expect users to think but most
    would put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that RC2 was simply an
    abortion.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FsazJr?=, Oct 15, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2s=?=

    Jane C Guest

    The alloted limit of 200,000 downloads was reached in approximately 72
    hours. Hence it got pulled. Being a limited download was quite
    specifically mentioned on the RC2 download page.

    Working fine here, both x86 and x64 ;-)

    Jane C, Oct 15, 2006